Thursday

Down Time

You know, it is funny. When I was speculating on what to do with my down time I thought I sounded boring. Now that it is over, I wish I had some more. ;) It has been a pretty busy week. On Sunday night I picked up my boys from the airport (later than expected thanks to some weather related delays and lost luggage). It feels like I've been on the go since then. My multi-tasking skillz are being put to the test.

Monday night was catch up time with the family. It was good to have them back and hear about all the fun they had. It was also a little sad to hear about Uncle Kevin's declining state of health. *sigh* Nothing can be done and it is only a matter of time now...

Tuesday brought me home to a collapsed closet shelf and rack. :/ All of my clothes on the rack sat in a heap in the middle of the closet floor. All of my Christmas ornaments and other items on top of the shelf topped off the heap like a snow on a mountain. I spent almost two hours getting that mess sorted out and clearing space for the building maintenance people to come by and fix things. Not fun.

Wednesday morning I decided to get up early (ugh) and go running with Hubbs. I so uncomfortable with my weight that I just couldn't take it anymore. I managed to jog/trot most of 1.5 miles. Then I did sit ups and push ups when I got home. Not much, but it is a much needed start.

Today I did the same thing in the morning. I got up, strapped on my pretty, slightly used running shoes, and dragged my butt outside to run. I am sore from running and the other exercises fromt the day before, but feeling good about just moving. If you do something two times in a row is it the start of a trend? I think so. ;)

10 comments:

weezermonkey said...

Sad about Uncle Kevin. :(

Thumbs up for moving around. :)

dapotato said...

yes! totally a trend. although i heard you need to do something 21 days in a row to make it habit. meh.

glad you're enjoying your time off.

That Girl said...

I wish you lived closer - you could run with me and Ringo in the mornings!

MonsteRawr said...

Go you on getting out and running! I'm infamous for my 2-day running campaigns that never make it past 2. Merde for 3!

Jen said...

Good for you for running! I'm impressed!

wan said...

i'm sorry to hear about uncle kevin :(

did you lose any of your ornaments? i hope they all survived!

amber said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Uncle Kevin. :(

Good for you for getting back on the health and fitness train. :)

Violet said...

That's totally the start of a trend! I heard once that in order to make something become a habit, you have to do it daily for something like 3 weeks. Once you hit 3 weeks, you're golden :)

Winnie said...

I'm sorry to hear about Uncle Kevin's health. Good for you for exercising! I neeeeeed to hit the gym again. Badly.

alyssa said...

I'm totally late, but sorry to hear about your relative!

BTW, I had a similar closet experience and it totally sucks!