Now I have to figure out a way to actually blog without an
audience. I work in a veritable fish bowl. It's a modernized office with all white desks, partial glass partitions/cubes, and some offices that consist of entire walls made out of glass. Apparently it is all an improvement from what they had before, but that was before my time so I have nothing to compare it to.What I do know is that my back, and subsequently my computer screen, faces one of the afore mentioned glass office walls. And who happens to sit in that office? You guessed it; my boss. To top it off I am not in an office of my own, but instead I am out in the open with everyone who walks by able to see and hear everything I do. I wasn't kidding when I told you I work in a Fish Bowl.
Whatever. I'll take it. I'm sure I can figure out a way to make blogging work...during my free, non company sponsored time, of course! :)
Aside from my most recent and happy revelation, I am spending the next couple of days alone at home. Both my boys (Lil Man & Hubbs in case you're rusty on my household) left last night to visit Uncle Kevin. They'll be gone until Sunday evening so that means I am a psuedo-single woman for 3 nights and 4 days! (Psuedo because of course I can't go bone some random dudes and tear up the town like I'm not somebody's mother or like I don't have any sense in my head. At least, I shouldn't. Ha!) I have some plans for the time alone, but I'll admit that I won't get to take full advantage of the situation. I've been too busy to plan properly. That's OK though. I'll be make due.
Tonight it looks like I'll drive home and nuke some leftovers for dinner. Then I might watch the Lakers game or I might just chill out and read a book. It's been ages since I had some quiet time to do whatever came to mind. It might be nice. Then again...I could get bored very quickly. We'll see what happens.
Damn, I just re-read what my plans are for this evening and realized I'm kind of a dud. Huh. When did that happen? Nice way to pop back up in the blogosphere and bore any remaining readers to death, R!
11 comments:
then i've always been a dud. i LOVE my alone time.
glad to hear from you again!
You are missed! Terribly!
I'm thankful I got to see you in person. :)
Sometimes, even when you have your own office, if the walls are all glass you can still feel like you work in a fishbowl. Trust me.
When the hubs went out of town last week I was SO excited to come home and veg and go to bed early.
So glad you're back!
Here is my suggestion: type the post in word and that way it will lookl ike you're working on a report or something. Then, just C&P it into Blogger later. Orrrrrrr, do the mobile blogging where you can text or email your post.
Yay, I'm so glad you're back :) You've been missed for sure! I'm just happy I've been able to see you in the interim!
She's aliiiiiive! ;)
Miss you and hope you had a fun weekend without the boys.
Yay! Welcome back :) Like Tater, I love my alone time too, even when I'm doing absolutely nothing.
um, reading is awesome. you are not a dud. i'm SO GLAD you're back!!
i just did a double-take when your blog popped up in my reader :) welcome back!
i don't know if i'd know what to do with myself without the hub and the girls.
wait, yes, i do. ha!
Yayyyyy welcome back! and yeah, those sound like julie plans too (except for the lakers part- yuck!) lol ;)
you're back!! yay!!!! :)
Post a Comment