Friday

Good with the Bad

I went to the lady doctor a few months ago to check and make sure all my plumbing was in good working order. During our conversation about my cycle (and other stuff you don't want to read about) he asked if I was planning to get pregnant. I told him that I probably was going to at some point, but we weren't charting or anything like that. Then he asked me how old my son was. When I told him Lil Man was 13 he asked me if I was there to see him for a psyche consult. We had a good laugh when he said that. I agreed that I probably should see somebody because I must be crazy to consider starting all over.

Today was a day I'm sure I should have checked my brain to see what the hell I was thinking. :/

Lil Man is every bit of 13 years old and it is driving me nuts. I know it is a temporary insanity situation and I'll get my sweet, loving boy back in a few years but HOLY CRAP he's making it hard for me to not shake him. Can I get an Amen from anyone who's dealt with these little crazies in their lifetime?

I think our hormones are clashing. This could get ugly if the boy doesn't manage to control his peach fuzz lip growin' ass. He left the house in a foul mood this morning and refused to get a ride to school with either me or Hubbs. Long story short, he wound up walking to school.

Apparently the day got worse. By 2:00 this afternoon he wound up suspended from school until Tuesday. Great. Awesome.

Is it wrong to want to drive to Mexico and never come back? I could have the baby under an assumed name like Maria Consuelo and name it Juan Carlos or Juanita. No one would ever know where we went and we could live in a peaceful village near the ocean. *sigh*

Did I mention the in-laws are in town this weekend? Perfect timing. I can't even yell at the boy properly because I'll have an audience. My in-laws are awesome people and help us out tremendously so I'm not complaining that they are here. I just wish I could deal with this without 4 extra eyeballs and 2 sets of ears monitoring how it all goes.

I wonder if the doctor would laugh now?

9 comments:

weezermonkey said...

Suspended?! Oh, no!

alyssa said...

As a middle school teacher...I plan to send our daughter to boarding school from 6th-8th grade. Middle school is perhaps the hardest, most hormonal time for kids! Suspended?! Wow, must have been good ;)

Nanette said...

Tsk, tsk, Lil' Man! Stop making things hard for yo' mama!

Winnie said...

I like Alyssa's idea. Threaten him with boarding school :)

That Girl said...

I think you should go one step farther than Alyssa - not just boarding school, but one really far away. Or Hogwarts, because at least then he'd pick up some useful skills.

amber said...

Teenage boys are so much fun, aren't they? ;)

dapotato said...

so sorry...yikes.

Violet said...

You know, I must say...

I was a rather troublesome youth myself and I caused my mom a LOT of trouble when I was around that same age. I say this just to let you know that it's possible for him to get it together. I mean, I don't think any of my 8th grade teachers would have thought I'd end up at HLS :)

wan said...

i'm going through my own super duper trials and tribulations with the teen these days. let's just say she's living life sans phone and brand-new computer...with no sign of their return for a looooong time.

here's to hoping they both straighten out before we completely lose our sanity.