Friday

Lucky 13?

There are too many things to write about right now and not enough time to do them justice. Today is a big day for several reasons and I'm really hoping everything turns out well. I know in my heart of hearts it will go the way it is supposed to, but I hope I'm ready for whatever that turns out to be.


A couple of big things...Lil Man is riding the bus completely on his own for the first time today. It's time for him to learn how to do this so he can get to and from school on the days I can't take him. We had a mini dry run about a week ago where I walked him to the stop, had him make sure it was the right bus to get on, and then followed the bus in my car to the stop where he was supposed to get off. It all went smoothly and Lil Man felt good about it.


As a mom I am conjuring up all the different scenarios that could possibly happen and half of them make me want to drive him myself. The rest make me want to follow him slowly in my car as he walks to the bus stop to make sure he gets there safely. As a semi-rationale human being I know stuff like this has to happen so he can be a well adjusted person. I swear, letting go is so much harder than it sounds.


Today is also big because Uncle Kevin has received some bad news. Things have been going really well with the drug trial and treatment up to now. During his last MRI they found another tumor. It's on his spine near the base of his brain stem. He meets with the surgeon today to talk about options. The initial thoughts are that it is inoperable due to it's location and the high risk of lost brain function if they try to remove it. As you can imagine this is a scary time for him and all of the family. I don't even know what else to say about it all.


There are also still problems with Baby Niece and her seizures...


Like I said, too much going on and not enough time to write. Wish me, Lil Man, Uncle Kevin and all of us luck today. We need this Friday the 13th to be a good one.

9 comments:

weezermonkey said...

Eeeeee! Good luck with everything!

Winnie said...

Lil Man is all grown up! As the product of super overprotective parents, I can tell you that letting go is a good thing. VERY good thing for Lil Man.

I hope Uncle Kevin can stay strong through all of this, especially knowing that he has people like you who care about him so much.

wan said...

i've been thinking of you all day. i hope that everything goes/went well - i've got everything possible crossed for you!

That Girl said...

Lil Man is so brave! I had panic attacks even thinking about riding the bus by myself until I was a Senior in High School!

willikat said...

i'm sending you happy, healthy, loving vibes, friend.

ssinca said...

GL with everything!

Julie Q said...

awww I hope everything turned out okay. i remember walking to the bus when I was little. it was a safe adventure!!

alyssa said...

I hope everything is going well with your family!

amber said...

since i know how well the stuff with you turned out (eeee!), i'll ask about uncle kevin. how is he doing? he's in my thoughts.