Tuesday

Miss me, miss me, now you gotta kiss me

Not really. I'm all sick and gross right now. I won't even let Hubbs kiss me. Unless you want to be sick too, I advise you to keep your lips as far away from me as possible. If you missed me, just leave a comment and we'll count that as an e-kiss, m-kay? :)

So what's new? Well, two of my friends have had babies in the last couple of weeks. One girl and one boy. Baby Speed is the new offspring of Speedy McBridey who got married just last April. (Yes, that would be a baby 9 months after the wedding. Told ya she was speedy!) Everyone was healthy and happy. I called her sister shortly after she was born and heard the baby cry in the background. (I'd forgotten how precious that sound can be) I was so ridiculously happy for them that I was smiling from ear to ear. I wish I could have been there, but I know she's doing well in VA and is happily adjusting to mommy-hood.


Baby No Name was born this past Friday. I've called him No Name because that's the situation as of yesterday...he doesn't have a name! The parents are having a hard time deciding on a name because they said the one they picked out originally doesn't fit him. I don't know what the limitation is on something like that, but I think there should be some law that says your friends get to vote on a name if you don't have one. ;) I hope they've come up with something good by now. They're home from the hospital and settling in to life with two little ones since they also have a 1 year old at home.

I'll round up the kid news shortly so my non-kid lovin' readers won't abandon me completely. ;) BIL's daughter is home from the hospital. I don't have a lot of details unfortunately. She is still having seizures but everyone is hoping the steroid therapy is going to work. Thanks for the good thoughts in her direction. We're hoping for the best.

I spoke to Spunky's Mom over the weekend and I'm elated to share that the doctors are overjoyed at her recent test results. They believe she may be cured! In two weeks they'll do another test to see what percentage of the bone marrow from her brother has grafted. If it's 100% then that means there is no room for the cancer. In the mean time she has started kindergarten with the other kids and is doing really well. Isn't that fantastic?

So what else, what else...? Oh, I'm sure you've all heard the fantastical tirade of Christian Bale by now. I was seriously laughing my ass off when I listened to it. Boy was he pissed! On an honest note though...I think he went a little overboard. Kind of like watching, or listening, to a toddler have a tantrum. Only this toddler is slanging f-bombs like they were Cheerios. I seriously need to get a job where I can explode like that in the work place and earn a couple mill at the end of it.

OK, I'm out. I need to lie down somewhere and try not to think about how red my nose is and how much my head feels like a huge, hot air balloon right now. I'm glad I got a chance to share my smiley news with you however brief my visit. :) TTFN!

7 comments:

weezermonkey said...

To his patients who haven't selected a name for their little boys, my father always suggests Justin Casey.

Yes, he is corny.

Winnie said...

I'm so glad to hear that Spunky is doing better! Yay for the two new babies and hope your BIL's daughter continues to get well. I hope you feel better soon too.

That Girl said...

You should hear the baby names I came up with last night for kicks. I was in a mood that involved ridiculous baby names, stealing pillows, and writing tattoos all over our body. Apparently Goneril and Clytemnestra are good enough for classical literature but not our future unborn children.

amber said...

jim's cousin had a baby 2 weeks ago. they still haven't named her. no, i'm not joking. :|

i'm so happy to hear spunky is doing so well!!!

Cee said...

Congrats to both parents!

I hope you feel better soon. I don't want your cooties.

[mwah]

Jen said...

How did I miss the Christian Bale thing?!

Hope you feel better?

wan said...

i hope you're all better by now.

so happy to hear about spunky! seriously, i got teary. that's wonderful news!