Wednesday

Bridal Bashes

I'm still a little bummed about the half marathon news. I'm sure I'll shake it off, but what a let down. :/ Anyway, I want to relive some fun moments so let me share Saturday's events. That will bring a smile to my face for sure.

Saturday morning was the bridal shower for my dear high school friend Speedy McBridey. She and I met in the 10th grade when she was "the new girl". Or was it 9th grade? No matter. It was History class in the bungalows and she very definitely did not go to the same Jr. High that most of the kids in that class did. We struck up conversation one day and slowly started a friendship.

Who knew how much fun we would have? We've laughed a lot over the years and she is a person that I love very much. Now she is getting married and I really couldn't be happier for her. In about 3 weeks we'll be in Vegas celebrating our asses off and she will be a Mrs. So awesome.

Here are the pics from Saturday morning. They are a little dark thanks to uncooperative weather and a shitty camera, but you get the vibe. I really wish I'd had more time to take pictures, but I was busy running around behind the scenes.

The favors. The bride's favorite songs courtesy of her sister the MOH.

Our food spread and the dessert table before the fruit was put out for the chocolate fountain. Everything was really yummy. I made the chicken salad tea sandwiches and the roast beef & blue cheese sandwiches.



One of the bridesmaids (her cousin) prepping the stuffed mushrooms.

The bride to be.



Now on to the bachelorette party. It consisted of dinner at a local Mexican restaurant and then hanging out at a local bar. Speedy McBridey lives in Wisconsin now and misses her friends. Since she doesn't get to hang out with her girls anymore, she said she didn't want a big production for the bachelorette. Just some food, her friends, and some drinks. Done and done.

Some girl who was a part of a birthday party celebrating at the bar made a snotty-ish comment about the bride's sash. The bridesmaids weren't having it.

Speedy McBridey took off the sash for a bit and we decided to help her wear it.

It was a very fun, simple night.

10 comments:

That Girl said...

I have officially decided I NEED a margarita.

weezermonkey said...

Tres cute.

Cee said...

too fun. Great job on the food. I now need a margarita too.

dapotato said...

sounds great! i love that you have old friends with whom you are still close.

Jen said...

Looks like a blast!

willikat said...

should i have put "bulldog" instead? :)

willikat said...

should i have put "bulldog" instead? :)

Winnie said...

Looks like lots of fun :)

alyssa said...

Looks like a fun, girly night to honor the bride to be :)

amber said...

what a great job you did putting together a kick ass shower and bachelorette party!