Hubbs got to talk to Uncle Kevin over the weekend. He's starting the therapy in 3 weeks so he can build up his strength from the surgery. He's still in the hospital but hopefully he'll get to go home soon. It was good to get some information from the source. This 4th, 5th, and 6th hand info stuff is killing us. There are too many people passing information along and putting their own spin on it. It's diluted and turns out to be less informative and becomes just opinion laden statements. Definitely not what we need. Anyway, I know Hubbs was nervous to talk to him at first, but I also know it helped him to do it. Tough days are ahead but we'll do what we can to be supportive.

I haven't shared what's going on with my two friends who's weddings are coming up. This coming Saturday is the bridal shower and bachelorette party (no strippers) for NY Bride and the weekend after that is Speedy McBridey's wedding. I don't want them to feel sorry for me or be sad in any way before their happy days. I'm sure I'll tell NY Bride sometime after her shower, but not before. She deserves to have as much fun as possible and I don't want to bum her out.
This past weekend I spent a lot of time prepping and buying last minute items for her parties. Two other bridesmaids and I got together and started making the wine charms for the favors, rented the tables for dinner, bought the utensils and plates, decorations, and a ton of other stuff. This is by far the most money I've ever spent while participating as a bridesmaid in a wedding. Thank goodness I had that second job.
Speaking of second job, do you realize that tomorrow is my very last day of working that second job? I realize it and I can't freakin' wait. While I've enjoyed my experience and what I've learned, I am definitely ready for a break. I need a minute. Seriously. I worked on Saturday night and for about 6 hours on Sunday. I'm going to need to go in tonight on my scheduled day off and I'm on the schedule until 11 tomorrow night. 11!! I'm hoping that we don't have anyone who's waiting until the last minute like that and that I'll actually be home at a decent hour. Please hope along with me.
11 comments:
don't feel sorry for any happiness. you need moments of giggles and lightness to get you through the darker times. it doesn't mean you have forgotten or don't care. laughter is therapeutic. uncle kevin can probably use some laughs, too. HUGS.
It's tough to deal with life when there is sadness/stress around, so don't apologize for one second. I hope that things find their way back to a happy spot soon.
And congrats on ending the 2nd job! It will be great to have some time back on your hands again.
no apologies needed. kat and s said it better.
yay for april 15!
[i can rejoice because were done a month ago, and now YOU are done, too!]
You are an incredible friend.
hey, the blog is where you should be free to share whatever you want/need to share. and life isn't always rainbows and sunshine. no need to apologize for that. {{hugs}}
i'm glad you're getting a break soon. you're more than due!
What on earth are you going to do with all your free time?
Sorry - I couldn't even type that with a straight face.
It's ok to be happy about the ups despite life's downs.
And you're a great bridesmaid. The bride is fortunate to have you!
i know exactly how you feel - whenever something bad is happening, i tend to feel guilty when i smile or laugh, too. so strange.
i've been thinking of you as 4/15 got closer and closer - i really hope you get to have some well-deserved down time to decompress and relax!
i hope you treated yourself to a nice glass of wine after Tax Day was over!! I wish I had bridal party stuff to do, I miss all that :) (but i dont miss paying for it!)
Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the GPS, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://gps-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.
I'm so sorry for your pain. All you can do at a time like this is pray for strength and realize that some things are out of our control. Love your family, and be the best you know how (which is pretty damn good).
Love you and remember to take care of yourself.
Post a Comment