Well friends, today was the day. Today was the day that I told my guys at the office I'd be leaving them to work somewhere else. It seemed inevitable that we'd have to split the relationship at some point, but that doesn't change the fact that it was a little hard to do. Like the mother hen I worry if they'll be alright and wonder if they'll be able to weather this economic storm. I really, really hope so.
I am 4 months shy of our 7th anniversary. It's a working relationship that's spanned two companies, two weddings, a baby, and a lot of growing pains between us. I took a leap of faith to follow them on their journey and now it's time for me to start my own. I am going to miss them.
So now it's time to clean house. Time to tie up loose ends and say my good-byes. I've built acquaintances and friendships associated with this job...the ladies at the bank, the Fed Ex guy, my smiling faces at the post office, and the women at the corner cafe. Not to mention the clients I've worked with for the last 6+ years. I wonder if they'll miss me just a little too?
9 comments:
You have the biggest warmest heart. With what little I know of your last days, I would not have such kind words about your workplace!
How could they not miss your smiling face? Congrats on the big decision!!!
I think they'll miss you a lot :)
i know it's a little sad to move on, but i'm so dang happy for you!! you deserve it!! :D
i am SO excited for you. you deserve a change, and this is a good one.
funny, when i left the bosses from hell i worried about how they would do without me, too. and not long afterwards, they got in a huge blowout and split from each other. i'm so glad i wasn't around for that mess.
How can they not miss you and your smiling face? :)
awww that's a tough thing to do, but you have a new adventure ahead of you! They are going to miss you a TON
How could anyone not miss you? Your new co-workers are very lucky.
Congrats, my dear!! I think you are doing the right thing!
Post a Comment