Friday

New

Hot damn I missed this place! I haven't blogged in months and I haven't read anything other people have blogged in almost as long. What the hell? I feel like I stopped being me a little bit. No bueno. I know my blogging buddies have moved on and I missed out on a lot of things. *sigh* 2010 sure did kick my ass. Can't promise I'll do better about writing, but I'm here right now and it sure as hell feels good.

I am a little bit of a different person after what I went through this same time last year. I don't know if I'm stronger or more weak than before. I can't tell you if I'm better or worse. I just know I made it through. That is enough for me right now. I don't need anything else and I don't need to make sense of it all. I don't think there will ever be an explanation good enough for the heart ache my family and I went through. I've come to a place of realization that it is what it is and I can never change it. Good enough. It is going to have to be.

I can't possibly catch up on everything that has gone on. 2010 wasn't all bad so I'm grateful for the good moments too. Here are some highlights in no specific order:

Lil Man turned 14 and we all survived the first semester of ninth grade. (barely)
My niece was born and she is ridiculously cute. This was hard for me in the beginning but I really do love her. I can't wait to watch her grow up. I wish she and my sister lived closer.

We finally! had our house warming party. It was great to see everyone who came out and it was nice to have people over. We hope to have more gatherings in the future. Did some more stuff to decorate the house like paint the front door red and recently (last weekend) bought new furniture.




Lil Man went on his trip to Washington D.C. and New York during the summer before 9th grade started



We to Vegas a couple of times and dressed up as Workout Barbie & Ken for Halloween




We wrapped the year up nicely with a pretty quiet Christmas at my Dad's house




And a couple months before that, we found out that we were pregnant!



2010 was filled with a lot of ups and some serious downs. I hope this year has some amazing things in store for us and the family. Cross your fingers...I know I am!

9 comments:

casey said...

man, i have thought about you sooo many times over the past few months. i hope 2011 brings you all you deserve. so happy for you!

10yearstogether said...

Awwww R I've missed you!! Congratulations! And I'll be thinking of you and hoping for a very happy and safe pregnancy for you! xoxo

ssinca said...

a HUGE congrats on the pregnancy! hope 2011 is better than 2010, so far is it, right? ;)

Baby Mama said...

I've been just as bad with blogging, (writing, reading, and commenting), but I am so glad I read your update. I'm so excited for you guys, and I will keep my fingers and toes crossed for you! Congrats!

Yahpee said...

Welcome back! Congrats R! Prayin and crossing all fingers and toes for ya.

xoxo/

Trisha said...

So great to see pictures and catch up on your family. You know how happy I am for all of you about your pregnancy and I can't wait to meet the new addition to your family. Love you and miss you!

Jessica Love said...

Congratulations! I am so excited for you guys! :-D

wan said...

love you, R! I'm so happy for you guys!

so so so love the Halloween costumes, too. effing awesome!

Winnie said...

OMG! You look so different as a blonde.