Sunday

Wheeeeeewh!

Did you hear that? That is me letting out the breath I've been holding for about 14 weeks. I am finally able to exhale! We had an ultrasound with the specialist this week. He checked everything out and said, "Looks good". Looks good! Amazing. One year to the day of when we found out our lives would take a drastic, unexpected turn we get the news that we will get to move on in our pregnancy.

It took me a little while to let the news sink in. I'd spent too much time preparing myself for bad news. I wasn't really sure how to handle the good. I had a hard time sleeping that night. Too many thoughts running through my head. I heard the doc's words and replayed the conversation we had after the 20 minute ultrasound. I thought about his funny way of telling us what was brewing inside. I realized just how nervous I was about it all even though I had on my strong face for Lil Man & Hubbs. I guess the biggest thought that kept running through my head was that we'll actually get to meet our baby. In about 20 weeks we'll get to meet our son!

Amazing. I don't think my face or my heart was big enough for the smile I carried around the next few days. I'm glad I got to test it out. :)

10 comments:

Nanette said...

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!

I love this post so, so, SO MUCH!

Congrats, mama! Can't wait to meet your sweet baby boy!

Trisha said...

AHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Baby R is going to be so, so gorgeous, just like mommy and daddy! I'm so happy for you and your family and can't wait to meet him soon.

alyssa said...

Oh my goodness!!!!!!!! what amazingly wonderful news! i'm beyond thrilled for you! my heart broke for you last year and now it's bursting with joy! congratulations! enjoy every moment of the pregnancy now :)

Winnie said...

OMG!!!!!!!!!! You're going to have a boy! Eeeeeeee I'm so happy for you.

Mrs. Case said...

how exciting!

another boy-too cute!

Jen said...

This is SUCH good news!! I have been thinking about you and so glad to hear all is well!

ssinca said...

aw, congrats on another boy! at least you know what to expect, right? ;)

10yearstogether said...

AMAZING news, SO HAPPY FOR YOU R!!! xoxo

amber said...

Eeeeeee! Congratulations mama!! :D I'm so happy for you and he is one lucky little boy to have you folks for his family. :)

willikat said...

CONGRATULATIONS! You have every reason in the world to revel in the good news. I could not be more thrilled for you. We've missed you.Don't be a stranger.