Friday

Beachy Keen

Last weekend Hubbs and I went to a wedding. It was beach side in Santa Monica at the Beach Club. It was really cool to attend a wedding that I had briefly envisioned as my own at one time during our planning. Hubbs and I both love the beach so it seemed to fit...exchanging vows on the beach, a laid back atmosphere with good food and drinks, and the sound of the ocean behind us. We even seriously considered making all of this happen beachside in Aruba, but that changed as many well thought wedding plans do.

But enough about us. The wedding was nice, albeit a wee bit chilly as the sun set. Thankfully we went inside before it got unbearable. The ceremony wasn't too long and it was sweet. The weather was good and everything seemed to go smoothly.

One of my best friends was the officiant for the ceremony. She did such a great job with my wedding that they asked her to do it for theirs too. :) I feel like such a trend setter. Ha! ;)

The groom was handsome...

The bride was stunning...

And everyone was happy. :)


Some of the details:

My camera battery died during the cake cutting but I was able to snag a couple of pictures with some friends before it was retired for the night. It was good to get out, have a few drinks, dance, and have fun with friends.


I was pointing at my friend in that last picture because she announced to our table that night that she is pregnant. Exciting news! I wasn't shooting her with a fake gun, just in case you were wondering.

I was pretty happy that I got a chance to wear the shoes, jewelry, and shawl from NY Bride's wedding again that night. Go me! I may never wear the dress again, but I'll try to work the hell out of the accessories. ;)

I've got football, party stuff, and hopefully relaxing planned for this weekend. I hope you have a great weekend!

11 comments:

10yearstogether said...

Pretty wedding! I'm glad you had a great time and got the chance to get somewhere nice with the hub. =)

weezermonkey said...

Yay for orange!

That Girl said...

I have such a soft spot for beach weddings ;-)

ssinca said...

looked like a beautiful wedding!

Jen said...

Love the bride's dress! The pic of you and the hub is so cute!

Winnie said...

We'd considered a beach wedding too! Jealous.

willikat said...

dang, girl. you are lookin' good. also, gotta love those beach weddings.

wan said...

*sigh* i love weddings. especially beach weddings. ;) and this was quite a lovely one!

i'm still cracking up at you pointing a gun at your pregnant friend.

amber said...

i love that color combo for beachy weddings. so pretty.

go you for working those orange accessories!

California Girl said...

Really nice! I love beach weddings :)

And you look fantastic my dear. Seriously! Hot!

dapotato said...

you know i love me that color combo. everything looks very happy and laid back. :)