Monday

Made it

It's Monday. I survived the weekend. Though I had no real doubt I would, I was hesitant to guarantee that I'd be jovial and personable through the duration. I managed to spend time with the In-Laws and only let my grumpy side show during very minuscule incidents over the 2 1/2 days we hung out. Those times were reserved for Lil Man when he decided to tell me what he wasn't going to do during lunch on Saturday (BIG mistake!) and when Hubbs grated on my nerves occasionally. I'm happy to say I came out of the weekend without damaging my Daughter-In-Law image. I hope. ;)

I am feeling better today, physically. I say physically because I have to admit that my mental is tired. It seems like every good situation is marred by the opposite. I've got to turn that thinking around, but I find it difficult sometimes. In brief, my Aunt was admitted to the hospital Sunday morning for some issues with her breathing. They're still doing tests to diagnose the problems, but it could be her heart, lungs, or complications related to the chemo. The initial concern is that it might have been pneumonia. That was, thankfully, ruled out. She'll be in the hospital for a couple of days while they observe, prod, and prick her for answers.

I'll have a summary of our weekend with the In-Laws a little later when I've had time to upload the pictures. I only took a few, but they help tell the story of our time together. It was fun having them with us. The weekend flew by so quickly that I can hardly believe it's already Monday. I'm ready for another Friday though. ;)

9 comments:

wan said...

your auntie remains in my prayers, m'dear. hang in there - and let me know if i can do anything for you!

ssinca said...

so sorry to hear about your aunt...my thoughts are with you and your family for speedy recovery!

dapotato said...

sorry to hear about your aunt. thinking good thoughts.

That Girl said...

I feel you - I haven't sat down since Friday! I'm exhausted and can't believe I have a week ahead of me!

Winnie said...

I'm sorry to hear about your aunt. My thoughts are with you and your family.

amber said...

i hope everything is okay with your auntie. she is still in my thoughts and prayers R.

Jen said...

Glad you're feeling better! Hope your auntie is ok.

Yahpee said...

my thoughts and prayers are with your aunt!

alyssa said...

Yes, your aunt is in my prayers! I think be mentally tired is worse than being physically tired, too :(