The In-Laws are in town this weekend. I think they are great, genuinely nice people but all I want to do is sleep. I stayed home from work yesterday because I sounded like a man-frog and couldn't really croak out audible words. My face, yes my face and more specifically my nose, eyes, and everything related, is achy and warm. I have been letting out these loud, startling sneezes all day today. I'm sure the sniffing I've been doing isn't very sexy either. Oh, and the cough seems to scratch the insides of my throat every time they burst out. Ugh. Colds suck. Head colds suck worse. Head colds when you have to be "on" and entertain In-Laws for 3 days when all you want to do is curl up in your sweats and sleep suck the mostest. :(
Thankfully I'm by myself in the office and the phone hasn't rung much. I'm out of gas though so I hope I remembered to do everything I was supposed to today. I'm sure there's something I'm forgetting. Poo. I really tried to troop through today, but I'm done.
My eyes are heavy. And watery. I can feel the air coming in and out of my nose when I breathe.
I just read what I wrote so far. My god I sound pathetic. Disregard my whining. I am not dysfunctional in my sickery. I took Lil Man and Neighbor Boy to school this morning, put on make-up (to hide the tired and ugly), and managed an almost full day at work. I also cleaned up for the visit before They came. I've been sick the last couple days, but productive.
And now I'm tired. Waaah!
************
A little something interesting for you...while I was home yesterday I got a chance to watch Iron Jawed Angels. Have you seen it? I can't remember who turned me on to it, but I'm glad they did. I liked it. It gave me a small sense of what it must have been like to be a women back in those times. Amazing how far we've come since then. And how far we can still go. I thought it was interesting the way they wove in modern music through the flic. Not what I was expecting for some reason. It wasn't a perfect movie, but it was educational and a little inspiring. Check it out if you get a chance. It'll remind you about things we should probably try not to forget.
Have a great weekend!
8 comments:
I hope you're feeling better soon!
Have I ever told you that you're a very good writer? I don't know why I'm picking this particular moment to do so, but I thought you should know.
oh man, I hope you feel better soon!
at least you like your ILs;)
I'll have to check out that movie. I'm sorry you're not feeling well! I hope you have some time to recuperate this weekend.
feel better soon! you are totally a trooper and responsible adult.
Way late here but you're definitely a trooper.
colds indeed suck. and there was a very nasty one going around recently. i hope you're feeling better and that the holidays won't be too crazy for you. :)
Feel better!!
Post a Comment