5:00 a.m.---Alarm goes off---I jump awake and turn it off.
5:05 a.m.---Alarm goes off---I realize I hit snooze instead of "off". I remedy that.
5:15 a.m.---My eyes open---I seriously consider not getting out of bed today.
5:17 a.m---Eyes still open---Still considering.
5:20 a.m.---I want to sleep---I now calculate how many minutes I have left to workout before I have to be home for hubby to leave for work.
5:25 a.m.---Still in bed---I've gotta get up and go to the gym. No more stalling.
From here there is a combination of pulling myself out of my comfy bed, feelin my sore muscles, brushing my teeth, still thinking about "skipping it", getting dressed for the gym, and secretly wishing I had the metabolism of a 12 year old boy. Then I wouldn't have to work out before the sun comes up and I could eat what I wanted every day. And I could sleep later. Precious, life giving sleep. *sigh* I'm not a 12 year old boy, I'm a 30 year old woman. Almost 31. And my metabolism is as fast as a 3 toed sloth.
I've decided to work on being healthy. I was introduced to a website, Spark People, a couple months ago and it renewed my efforts towards a healthy lifestyle. Of course, I want to lose weight and inches too but being healthy is (should) be my main focus. It's hard for me to get up in the morning to work out, but it's harder for me to do it at night after the day is done. I find myself putting it off all day long and looking for excuses not to go. So, I go through my daily routine 4 or 5 times a week and hope that one day I'll look in the mirror and see a better version of me.
It'll be another two weeks before I weigh myself again. I had to stop because the numbers on the scale were ruling my mood. No bueno. If they had gone down, I was happy. If they had gone up I was very grumpy and started beating myself up about it. No drop in numbers would still frustrate me because I'd think of all the early mornings that were doing me no good. Well, I'm off that. Gotta shake that off and stick with it if I want to see results.
I laughed the other day when I told hubby I was going to start weighing myself again. He said, "No! Don't do that. You always get upset when it doesn't go right". Heh...well...he was right. No more of that though. I just need to get through Aunt Flo next week and I'm back to stepping on the scale. I promise to try much harder to be reasonable about the numbers staring back at me when I do. Cross my heart and hope to die.
No comments:
Post a Comment