Monday

In a nutshell

The weekend is over and it's Monday. Boo. I guess I can't complain because this past weekend was a good one overall.

Friday night we caught up on our Thursday shows The Office, Grey's Anatomy, and ER. I heart TiVo. Saturday we took lil' man to his evaluation for this summer's youth basketball league. After that we went to see Shrek the Third. It was cute and had some funny parts, but I'm sad to say that the critics were probably right on this one. It wasn't as good as the first two. Lil' man liked it so that's what matters most.

Saturday night was grown up movie night (no, not that kind of grown up movie). The hubbs and I are signed up for Netflix and each week we try to watch at least one movie. We don't usually get to watch movies in the actual theater when they're out, so this gives us a chance to catch up on flics we missed the first time around. It also makes for a little "us" time. Anyway, we finally saw The Departed. I already knew how it ended (spoiled by a morning radio show) but it still managed to keep my interest. The actors were really great and I would recommend this to anyone who hasn't seen it yet. I realize we may be the last two people in the world that this may apply to...but just in case. Up next are Smoking Aces and Capote. We're looking forward to them.

Sunday = lazy day. We didn't get up to go anywhere until later in the afternoon. I spent a solid four hours working on our long overdue wedding album. In a nutshell, our photographer's computer crashed and we have to start all over on the album. Fun. On opposite day. It's been almost a year since we were married and I am hell bent on getting that finished. Hubbs got to lounge and watch sports and lil' man chilled out with a book.

After that our Sushi Sunday got relocated to our friends' house for dinner. After a little kicking and screaming from the I-just-want-to-be-lazy-today-hubbs we went over a little earlier to hang out. Good times. I played with their super cute daughter and actively imaginative son. My ovaries only ached for about 5 whole minutes during the entire visit so I'm pretty sure we're still (read "I'm still") not "ready". And those 5 minutes were devoted to the little girl...she's just too adorable. Seriously.

Oh, and the hubbs had fun too. He played swords and guns with the boys after dinner. It wasn't so torturous to leave the house after all. He also admitted he was being silly earlier and apologized. I love that guy. :)

After our good-byes for the night, we wrapped up our weekend with the season finales of Family Guy and American Dad at home. I fell asleep while the hubbs watched Entourage. Hey, you'd probably fall asleep early too if your alarm went off at 5:00 a.m. during the week. Besides, we just changed the sheets on the bed so they were all clean and fresh smelling. We also flipped the mattress so it was a little extra comfy...what could I do? It was inevitable.

No comments: