The deliveries have started arriving! It's like Christmas and the UPS guy is Santa. Each time I get a box I get a teeny bit excited to open it. I know the gift is not for me. I also know that I ordered it on-line so technically I already know what it is going to be, but it's still sort of fun. :)
Also, a couple of items arrived for my nephew and niece-in-law-to-be. (sister's fiance's daughter)
I know clothes aren't fun for most kids, but my sister needs them. I got them a couple of other fun things to open to make up for it. I will share them when they arrive too.
So, that's it. I will leave you with a picture of my furry friend who's been keeping my toes warm some mornings. Enjoy!
My semi-anal side requires that I order something on-line and have it shipped to me first. I check it to make sure it's what I ordered and not all busted up before I give it as a gift. I kind of think it shouldn't have to fall to the receipient to return a shipped item when they receive it as a gift. It's one thing to go in to the local Target and return or exchange an item, but when you order from a store or shop they've never heard of or isn't near by, it can be a pain in the ass. Besides, when it comes to me I can wrap it like I want and throw in a card. Sure, sometimes I have to pay for mailing it out if they live far, but it's quality control. And it's not often that I actually have to mail it out; I usually get to deliver.
Anyway, too much typing not enough showing. First up we have the calendars I put together on Shutterfly for our parents and grandparents. Check it out.
*All photos by Christine Farah Photography except those shown in July*
*All photos by Christine Farah Photography except those shown in July*
The lighting in my house was bad and obviously the pictures on the real deal are better quality, but you get the idea of it. Each month has a different picture. *Duh* July is the only month that was different for each calendar. I used pictures of each recipient at our wedding for that month. Some candid and some formals. Each one has personalized dates like birthdays and anniversaries too. I'm pretty happy with the way they turned out overall. Just wish I had known that Costco did the same thing for less money before I started this long process. :/ Oh well. It's done.
Also, a couple of items arrived for my nephew and niece-in-law-to-be. (sister's fiance's daughter)
I know clothes aren't fun for most kids, but my sister needs them. I got them a couple of other fun things to open to make up for it. I will share them when they arrive too.
So, that's it. I will leave you with a picture of my furry friend who's been keeping my toes warm some mornings. Enjoy!
6 comments:
Those are all fabulous!!!
That calendar is so flippin' cute! I just may copy your idea, though it is getting rather late in the month :)
i love the slippers. :)
dude, i know what you mean about the UPS guy - almost all of our shopping was online and i got excited with every delivery, even knowing nothing was for me :)
and all the boxes were piled in a corner until a few days ago, and it was STILL fun to open everything and see it all for myself. i refused to ship anything direct as well, unless it was for someone far far away who i wouldn't see anyway. i hope those arrived safely.
Lovely calendar!
character slippers are fun! i've had my fair share of them over the years :) your little guys are cute.
great work on the calendars lady!
Post a Comment