Monday

Lots

There's been a lot going on this weekend. So much so that I won't be able to give adequate details. I hope summaries will be OK. Again.

-Friday-
I took Friday off from work to further prepare for our visit from Hubbs' parents. We did some cleaning, organizing, and made space for the tree. There was no time to do it later and I'm glad we had that time to finish up. I also wanted to take advantage of the fact that Hubbs had the day off. Since we didn't get a chance to have a planned day to ourselves in October, we thought it'd be good to squeeze in some time for "us" on Friday.

In the morning I took Lil' Man to school in my pjs. That was awesome because that meant I got to sleep in a little. After that we got ready and headed out to brunch together at The Corner Bakery. So good. Next came movie time. We headed over to the theater and watched American Gangster. Good movie. Good times with my baby. :)

*an aside* WTF happened to movie theater ticket prices?? Our matinee was $9 each. A regular ticket was $12. Son of a...

Friday night I had to go watch a dance recital/concert for my final in Dance Appreciation. The In-Laws arrived while I was there and were gone by the time I came back. Oh well, I'd see them Saturday. I spent the rest of the evening preparing for my final in Spanish class the next morning. Estuve muy nervioso para mi examen.

-Saturday-
Got up early to get to Spanish class early. As part of our final we had to partake in an oral examination. There were 3 sections to the oral portion and we had to go one on one with the professor. I wanted to get there early to get that part over with. I couldn't stand the waiting anymore. That was probably the longest 7 minutes I've endured in a loooong time. The rest of the exam took about 3 hours and I was bidding my professor "Hasta luego" and "Feliz Navidad" on my way out. He said he'd have our finals graded by Sunday and would provide us our grade in the class if we e-mailed him. Eeeeee.

Saturday afternoon found us back to The Corner Bakery for lunch with the In-Laws. They like that place and they were paying so we didn't complain. :) After lunch we picked out a Christmas tree at our local Home Depot. Fastest experience with picking out a tree that I've ever had. In and out in 15 minutes. Sweet.



Our finished tree. Weee!


moved to California eight years ago. Mission accomplished! The food was so For dinner we went to The Stinking Rose. In-Laws have wanted to go there ever since Hubbs moved to California eight years ago. The food was stinkin' good. I heart garlic and I think the In-Laws heart it even more. It was a really nice time and we sat in a part of the restaurant we'd never been to before so that made it feel a little different. :)


As we left the restaurant, we cruised by this. :)


-Sunday-
We spent all day Sunday hanging out at the house. They wanted to hang out with us and watch football. That was it. So that's what we did. The Chargers game was nail biting and the Bills game (In-Laws and Hubbs are from Buffalo) not so much. I started getting antsy because I had so much other stuff to do, but I was able to keep it together. They don't visit that often so it was the least I could do to not complain or be a bitch about hanging out.

They had agreed to let me cook dinner for them and had chosen lasagna from the list of options. I was glad they let me do that because they had paid for everything all weekend and I wanted to do something nice for them. During halftime of the Patriots and Steelers game MIL and I headed out to the grocery store for the ingredients I was missing. Check out the finished product.


Dudes, my lasagna was a hit! I know my family loves it, but this was the first time I'd ever cooked for them. I was a little nervous about how it would come out. We shared a bottle of wine and had a fun time talking, eating, and drinking. Great way to end the weekend and our visit. We finished dinner and walked them out to their car so they could head to their hotel. They'd be leaving early in the morning the next day and would stay the night near the airport. We said our good-byes and I love yous and that was the end of the short visit.

How cool is it that I have In-Laws like that? Pretty damned cool if you ask me. I got really lucky and I am extremely grateful. They are so good to us. It was cute...after they got to their hotel room they sent us a text message saying what a great time they'd had and they couldn't wait to see us again in March. That made me smile.

OH! I almost forgot! I e-mailed the professor for my grade in Spanish class and guess what? I got an A!! Both on the final and in the class. Que bueno!

8 comments:

Nanette said...

Awesome in-laws are the best! (And they make up for your other not-so-nice in-laws, for sure.)

That lasagna looks delish! And YAY for your A!!!!

Winnie said...

Wheeeee! Yay for your A! Totally well-deserved :) Your tree looks fantastic!

Julie Q said...

I love all your pics!! And your tree is HUGE by the way! (mines only like 5 ft that's why)

And $12 movie tix for a regular show? Do Russell Crow and Denzel come in and act live in front of the audience?

dapotato said...

yay for A!

i was shocked at movie ticket prices, too.

lasagna always reminds me of garfield, but i still love it.

the in-laws are awesome. they text???

buffalo is very, very cold. but they have o.g. wings!

weezermonkey said...

Why are we such good friends? Because I, too, would've photographed a certain place...."it's like a show!" [said with great awe and wonder of someone incredibly sheltered and unworldly]

Trisha said...

*tear*

So close, yet so far away! You were right near me. And I, too, snicker every time I pass Benihana :)

I love the fun day you had with the hubs and the weekend with your ILs. You're so lucky to have a wonderful relationship with them and they seem like really great people.

wan said...

i am DYING @ benihana ;)

nice job on the A and the lasagna!

i love dates with the hub.

i also love corner bakery. reuben panini and cream cheese brownie. yummy.

amber said...

i'm in a list mood:

* i can't get over how obvious it is that R and his mom are related. that is so cute!

* awesome tree. love the thumbs up.

* yay for one on one time with hubs!

* movie ticket prices are INSANE.

* the lasagne looks fabulous. nice work :)

* dying at the benihana picture.