Sunday

Glory be, the funk's off me!

The washer and dryer is fixed! Yipee!! And I have to say it is even quieter than it was before. Now we don't have to turn the volume up to 60 while we watch a movie when the washer is running. Hubbs has never been so excited to wash clothes before. You really don't know what you've got until it's gone. To our benefit, we got it back so now we can appreciate it even more.

I also got a call from the Tax Job. I got hired! Tuesday night is orientation and fill out paperwork time. I am both excited and apprehensive taking on this second job. It will be for the better overall but it means I will not be home much and my social life may be about to go down the toilet. It will depend on my schedule which, from what I understand, is somewhat flexible, but I know it won't be the same as coming home and vegging on the couch or in front of the computer when I feel like it. At least this will help pay for our trip to NY next summer. Hopefully a couple of other things too if I do well and process enough returns. Anybody need their taxes done?

I finished the mock up invitation yesterday for my friend's bridal shower. Hubbs said it looked better than he had expected. Truth be told he wasn't sure what the hell I was talking about during the design conception phase. He said seeing it was much better. Boys are visual. Here is a rough prototype of it. The theme is sort of travel since the bride and groom are flight attendants and I tried to make it resemble a passport. (Sorry for the dark pics. The flash was too bright and washed out the pictures so I had to go this route.)



I used some map paper to line the envelope and a foam dot to make the heart raise off the front of the card. I also scanned in a page from my passport to use as a watermark behind the poem to give it more of a passport feel. I am both embarrassed and kind of proud of the poem. I am not a poem girl, but the bride and other guests will probably eat it up. And it's her event so that's what matters, right? Right?

It still needs some tweaking. For example it's going to be printed on thicker paper and I won't use cheap ass silver ink to stamp the front. I'm also going to re-size the lettering so it fits better on the top flap. It's simple and I'm sure I could hire someone to do a much better job if I could afford it. Overall though, I'd say it's a pretty good rough draft. What do you think?

I hope your weekend is going well. I am going to get ready now and try to run a bunch of errands before the birthday BBQ later today. Hubbs and Lil' Man are getting sick though. Looks like I may be flying solo to this shin dig.

7 comments:

weezermonkey said...

We hate the funk!
Gotta rid the funk!
Congrats on the tax job!

You guys and all your paper projects.... ;)

Winnie said...

Yay for the new job!!! And that shower invitation is so creative :) I'm sure your friend will appreciate your effort.

dapotato said...

so far so good! it is a bit cutesy for your and my tastes, but if the bride & guests will eat it up...you're right. that's what matters!

yay for being able to wash clothes again! ours was broken a few months ago, and going to the local laundromat every weekend was a bit of a pain, especially since ours has crackheads hanging out around it. :T

Julie Q said...

Congrats on the new job!! And I totally know how you feel about the dryer- our drying didn't work for 2 weeks and it just felt like our whole apartment got taken over by laundry.

Those invitations are so perfect!! I love seeing stuff like that :)

amber said...

yay for getting the washer fixed!

love the shower invite -- very cute :)

Nanette said...

Congrats on the job!

And those invites are AWESOME!

wan said...

dude, nice job on the invitations! you know i'm a fan of the cheese ;) poem and all! don't tell anybody. i'll deny it anyway.