Yesterday I didn't feel awesome. I felt less than awesome and decided to stay home from work because of it. I'd been feeling nauseous and didn't really want to eat anything for a couple days. I decided it'd be best to have home court advantage if I needed to sprint to the bathroom.
*Why is it that any time you tell some one that you feel nauseous they ask if you are pregnant? What ever happened to the good ole' stomach flu? Or even just classic food poisoning? Is it impossible to think my married body is capable of anything other than making babies? And what if I was pregnant random co-worker/acquaintance/person at the store? Would I use that time to tell you? Doubtful. I'm pretty sure I would wait the 3 months or so before blabbing the inner workings of my female body functions to your random ass. I just needed some crackers and some Ginger Ale folks. No seeds growing in my womb, thanks. *Anyway, I decided that since I was going to be home I'd try to be productive. At least a little bit. After I was able to eat a little something for lunch and keep it down I managed to accomplish some things.
- Clean and organize the corner. Check! This was all my "office" stuff that had wound up in a pile on the floor next to our computer because I didn't have anything to put it in or on. An organizer from Target solved that problem and now all our computer paper, photo paper, ink cartridges, CD RW, envelopes, and other misc. stuff is tucked away in it's proper drawer.
- Pick up paper and stickers for scrapbooking get together. Check! Some friends who are new to scrapbooking are getting together on Sunday to give it a try. There are a couple of us who have done this before so we are going to help the other girls out with ideas. I wanted to bring some things to share that might help people out with their books. I went to the Dollar Store and picked up a bunch of packs of paper and stickers to put in the community pile. It's not "the good stuff" but it'll get the job done for some of the noobs who don't want, or appreciate, the fancy stuff.
- Trip to Target for office organizer and NY Bride stuff. Check! I was able to get the organizer, along with a cool and much needed paper shredder. I also finally decided on what to get NY Bride for her Bridal Shower sign in book and Bachelorette Party. I got the idea to add the "Bridal" bling from another friend for the Bridal Shower book and decided to give her the black one as a gift. I'll pre-decorate the pages in the black one so all she has to do is insert the pictures from her party. The Bridal book will be where we take pictures of the guests and they write a little message to her. I hope she likes them.
- Wash my sweaters. Check! These needed to be washed in the gentle cycle and laid flat to dry. What a PITA.
- Upload pictures from the party and share online album. Check!
- Look into stuff for Speedy McBridey's bachelorette party. Check!
- Feel accomplished but not actually relax on my sick day. Check!
I really need to learn how to relax a little. At least I got all that stuff done and managed to feel better by the end of the day. Nice!
10 comments:
I'm glad you're feeling better!
i almost had a heart attack. when i clicked on you in my google reader, the first things i'd seen were the words "yesterday i didn't feel awesome" and the picture of the peestick.
you can't do that to me, dude.
I thought you were going to announce that you're preggos when I saw the picture.
we both had sick days where we tried to accomplish things. neat!
dude, so not cool to post that fake-out pee stick. wheeeeeeeew.
i had a day like yours recently, also not due to growing seeds, but i wasn't quite as productive. yay for getting stuff done and feeling better.
i still randomly look at the cute book my bridesmaids made for me during my wedding shower.. so I know NY Bride will LOVE IT!! I've always wanted to scrap book, but honestly I'm just too lazy to print out the digipics (and I went to college for publishing).. go figure
So are you pregnant?
I took a "sick day" on Tuesday and literally spent the entire day running around. boo. hiss.
way to be productive. just try to get some more rest this weekend, 'kay?
I can't believe how much you got accomplished w/ your tummy not feeling good and all.
Ditto to the above. I saw the pee stick and thought, "Holy Shit"
I hate it when people equate my nausea with pregnancy! So annoying! Glad I am not alone on this.
Post a Comment