Friday

Mish Mosh

I'm going to be all over the place today with this post. Please forgive me and my tired scatterbrain.

~Lil' Man turned in his volcano today and he was pretty anxious to see what people would say about it. He decided against the erupting volcano (sorry Kate!) and decided it would just be a model complete with ash to display the look after an eruption. It's supposed to be Mount St. Helens, he said, because it has log cabins. He's cute.


~I had lunch at Larkin's today with my friend D. We went to his birthday party in Torrance last weekend at Lucky Strike, but we decided to have lunch together today so we can catch up. It's been too long since we've hung out. I missed gossiping and talking smack with him. I also miss knowing what's going on with him. Good times.

Here's the outside of Larkin's in the day time. The parking still really sucks.


I had the Hot Link Corn Dogs along with Fried Mac N Cheese Balls and he had Good Ole Fried Chicken with spicy potato salad.


We both were stunned at how huge the corn dogs were and giggled like 12 year old boys when we exchanged our dirty jokes. Hee hee hee. I ate every last bite of those dogs and balls (bwahahahaha!). Seriously, I'm still stuffed. I don't think I'm going to eat any dinner tonight. And I should probably run home to work it all off. *holding stomach*

~I finished the mock up of NY Bride's bridal shower invitation. Check it out. *As always, click to enlarge.


The inspiration came from here. She does beautiful work and I would have loved to have her do them, but I just couldn't afford to have them made. This wedding is tapping my wallet out and I need to be creative. So this is my version. Not nearly as nice, but still cute in my opinion. I hope she likes it anyway.

Did I mention how much the tickets are costing us to fly out for this wedding? *groan* I don't want to talk about it. I know we're heading out to Buffalo for a couple days to visit Hubbs' family and that has affected our flight plans, but I didn't realize how much more expensive it's going to be. Ugh.

~I keep meaning to share this new snack I tried with you all. They are the Special K Bliss Bars. (Wan will hate them for sure) I love that they the are only 90 calories and they make a great snack. They come in orange and raspberry flavors and I've tried both. I like them. You can check out the rest of the nutritional information on the website.



That's going to wrap it up for me. I've got to go to Tax Job now. Tomorrow I work all day and then have the party at night. I'll be sure to take pictures so you can see our groovy-ness. Happy Friday!

9 comments:

alyssa said...

Yum. Yum. That Larkin's meal sounds soo good!!! I'll have to buy the Special K Bliss bars next time I'm at the grocery store :)

Jen said...

Lil' man and his volcano are so cute!

wan said...

li'l man is so cute. nice job on the volcano!

the invitations are so fabulous. can't wait to help you assemble them!

boo to expensive airfare.

there are actually other special k bars that i like a lot (specifically, the vanilla crisp cereal bar). no fruit. whee!

Julie Q said...

ooo i'm totally going to try the raspberry bliss bars. And the invites are going to look great! enjoy your weekend

dapotato said...

those are totally cute and appropriate! great job.

love,
girl who cannot sew a lick

Winnie said...

Awww look at him and his volcano!! Awwwwwwww!!!

Great, I'm turning into that one mom's crazy friend who pinches kids' cheeks.

That Girl said...

I am now officially dying to go to Larkins.

Nanette said...

I love the invites! Super cute!

And those bars look yummy!

amber said...

volcano turned out great!

the meal from larkin's is making my stomach growl.

invites are so. darn. cute!

oooh, new snack idea. yum!