short period of time that I could get swallowed up by it all. The lists I'm forming in my head are starting to swarm around and make me a little dizzy. Enough! I'm going to make a conscious effort to stop the madness and kick Overwhelmed's ass out the door. Beat it!It's Monday. Thank goodness for an alone day in the office. No blaring of the latest stock news or the price of oil in my head from the TV. No bosses asking me to make phone calls or checking paperwork that's already been checked and can't be rushed. No need to look busy if I run out of things to do. No need to eat lunch in the office or wait for the bosses to get back so I can leave. It's just the right kind of freedom I needed today. Maybe I'll get my lists together and organize The Crazy a little bit.
Coming up this week--Wednesday is another field trip (all outdoors) with Lil Man's 6th grade class. I'm trying to decide on an outfit that isn't slutty but will accommodate the heat that is sure to singe my pasty ass that day. All this without getting crazy tan lines for the strapless dress I'll be wearing Saturday for the wedding in NY. (Before you suggest it--tube tops are out thanks to my over sized mammaries and non supportive strapless bras. I'm sure Lil Man, and others, would be mortified if I chose that route so it's out.)
Thursday he has a swim party at a classmate's house during school hours which should be fun for him. (We went shopping for new swim trunks and a beach towel for this over the weekend. Did I mention that the party is at The Crush's house?) Friday is his graduation. After graduation we are going to get something to eat with our group of 10 people for a mini celebration. Then it's off to the airport for me and Hubbs. In the midst of all this we've got to pack ourselves up for NY and Lil Man for his trip to visit the grandparents while we're gone. Oh! That reminds me...I've got to stop the mail...Our trip to the East Coast has grown legs and is running away with our time. Thank goodness we scheduled a couple of days where we'll be alone together before we hit the madness that is soon becoming our few short days in Buffalo. More on our trip plans later...for now I'm just going to enjoy the quiet and organize my days. I'll have a plan and it'll all get done. It's as simple as that. :)
8 comments:
Maybe go the opposite route? A light white gauzy long-sleeved linen tunic? That way nothing is exposed at all!
I'm ordering to you take a deep breath and relax :)
You know, I can't wear strapless clothings because I *don't* have boobs. How about a t-shirt + lots of sunscreen on the arms?
Yikes! Lots going on!
what the monkey said. something loose fitting, breathable, and long.
yay for having a quiet monday to get some lists banged out. i know you of all people will get through it pretty well. :)
sounds like you've got a lot on your plate right now. i hope you were able to get all of your lists in order yesterday and that you're feeling better about things.
and i hope the pool party at the crush's house goes well for lil man ;)
You've got a lot going on! Busy week! But it's all good stuff, so that's awesome!
You may be one of the few I know who is probably dying for summer to be over!
ah, this was me exactly a year ago. fun times!
Post a Comment