Sunday

Angel Food

Saturday was a beautiful day outside. The weather was in the mid 70s and there was not a cloud in sight. Pefect day for a ball game! Which is exactly what we had on the agenda for the day.

During the day we hung out at my Dad's and step-Mom's house for a few hours. We had lunch, saw their newly paved and designed back patio, and spent some good time just talking. It was nice and something we rarely get a chance to do. The last time we saw them was at Christmas. We really shouldn't let so much time pass between visits.

Anyway, from there we headed out to Angel Stadium with a group of 20 other people to watch the Angels play the Blue Jays. It was Lil Man's first time at Angel Stadium and only my second. The Blue Jays happen to be Hubbs' favorite team too. It was destined to be a good time. :) Unfortunately we had to wait outside for a while because the person who had our tickets thought the game started later than it actually did. Ah well, we made due.
I checked out the giant hats.



Then we sat around for a bit before another part of our group arrived. (Not the ones with the tickets.)



Then a race broke out


Then, finally, we were on our way.


We got settled in our seats and checked out the scenery. The seats weren't spectacular, but we weren't in the nosebleeds either.

What's a ball game without food you shouldn't eat? Well I had a bunch of it...unfortunately I was so damned hungry that I didn't remember to take a picture of everything until it was all gone already. Especially after the unsuccessful mad hunt for a freakin' hamburger for Lil Man. (Seriously...how do you not have hamburgers???) So all you're going to get to see are the corn nuts. Remember corn nuts? I used to eat these up when I was in high school.

During the game Mr. Energy showed his cousin how to eat a sun flower seed. He'd only discovered the salty little nuggets of joy that day himself, but he was an expert. Each one teach one.

It was a fun night. Blue Jays lost in the extra inning, but it was a good game overall. Yes, we actually did some baseball watching while we were there. ;)



A random shot of me and Hubbs as well as Nina and Nino enjoying family time out.

Everytime I go to a game I miss my softball days. Something about sun flower seeds, sliding, and the crack of the ball on the bat makes me wistful for those days. Of course that was many years and 20 lbs ago so I'm sure it'd be a different experience if I tried to play now, but it's fun to remember. Anyway, enough nostalgia.

Saturday was a really great part of my weekend. Today has been a mixed day of good and bad, but I'm going to let that slide for now. No need to focus on the negative. I want to enjoy my last few hours of freedom before Monday locks me into the week. Only good stuff today. Only good stuff. :)

9 comments:

weezermonkey said...

No hamburgers?! How can that be?!

dapotato said...

sorry, those snooty angels fans are just too good for hamburgers, i guess.

the ranch cornnuts were THE snacks to have when i was in jr. high.

Winnie said...

You + Hubbs = totally cute!

amber said...

oh, i used to be obsessed with corn nuts in hs, too! ranch was my favorite back then, but recently, i've started to love the chili-limon ones.

looks like a great day!

That Girl said...

It's funny reading about your nostalgia because yesterday the hubs turned to me and asked if watching girls surfing made me want to surf. I told him no, and watching baseball games didn't make me want to play baseball either. Guess I'm the only one ;-)

California Girl said...

I'm so happy you had a good time! That's just awesome.

And boo on no hamburgers! Didn't they know lil'man was coming?

kim said...

I remember when the band used to sell cornnuts in high school. They were $0.50 a bag and everyone would fight for the chili picante ones. I was a plain lover. So damn good.

wan said...

i love angel stadium. but no burgers? that's odd.

i played baseball on the wii. i dig how the controller vibrates when you crack one out into the field. ha!

10yearstogether said...

I must be the only non-sports fan. And yes, def don't focus on the negative, the rest of your day sounded great =)