Monday

Home stretch

I've been getting up regularly to work out at least 5 times a week. I've been good on my diet-measuring my food, looking up nutritional information, and planning my meals. I also haven't had anything besides water to drink since July 7th. Nothing. Only water. With an occasional lemon wedge. Wow.

What has that gotten me? Besides frustrated and sad, it has gotten me a weight loss of 8.5 lbs. as of today, that's what. ;) I'm in the lead with The Challenge and I am starting to see a little bit of a difference in my body. That's exciting! (Hubbs says he can definitely tell, but my eyes don't work as well as his. Ha!) I'm in the home stretch for this thing and couldn't be happier. Of course, the plan is to continue working out and eating right when this is all over, but I won't need to be nearly as strict as I'm being now. As a matter of fact, on Saturday we're going to a birthday party at Nina's house and I plan to eat without worry. I also plan to have a couple of cocktails while I'm at it. Hopefully we'll be toasting my victory! ;)

13 comments:

Claire said...

That is fantastic! Your self-discipline is amazing... I bet you can definitely see a difference -- 8.5 pounds is great progress!

weezermonkey said...

8.5 is awesome!

California Girl said...

Seriously - props to you girl. That's awesome!

Winnie said...

You have some amazing self-control there. Congrats on the 8.5 lbs!

dapotato said...

congrats on the 8.5 and making it through!

Mrs. Case said...

Good for you!! :)

willikat said...

hooray! good job!

Nanette said...

AWESOME, R! Simply AWESOME!

Yahpee said...

Mad props!! :)


Nice job!

That Girl said...

Yay 8.5! 10 is just around the corner and that's like a whole size, right????


Here's a cocktail recommendation for you. Palomas: 1 shot tequila, squeeze of 1/4 lime, and diet Hansen's grapefruit soda. 128 calories and SO good.

wan said...

you're doing such an awesome job! i wish i had your willpower and determination.

ssinca said...

congrats, that's amazing! you def deserve a cocktail;)

amber said...

excellent work! :D