I didn't mean for my previous post to sound so pessimistic and depressing. I know that ultimately material aspects of life pale in comparison to the fulfillment of the immaterial. To be truly successful in life you must be rich in the latter. I also know that comfort comes with money and professional success. Money can't buy love, but it sure can make living easier for the day to day. There is a certain level of happiness that comes with providing your children with options because you live in a more affluent neighborhood, can provide college tuition, or can afford to pay for their wedding someday among other things. None of this comes for free. Basically I am grateful to love and be loved but every once in a while I want it all. I'm only human.
So, on to more up-beat things. Remember The Challenge? It started on 7/7 and was scheduled to go until 8/7. Towards the end it was becoming obvious that none of us were going to hit the 10 lb. mark by the date originally chosen. We decided that we'd continue going until one of us did hit that mark.
*Cue Queen music*
I am the champion - my friends
And I'll keep on fighting
Till the end
I am the champion
I am the champion
No time for losers
'Cause I am the champion of the World
(Of course, I made some adjustments to the lyrics for my own purposes. Hee.)
That's right, on Saturday August 8th I clenched the win in our friendly Biggest Loser Challenge! I stepped on the scale in the morning before I started getting ready. When the number popped up I blinked and stared at it for a second. I wasn't sure I'd read it right. (well, it was early and I was pretty tired) I got off and stepped up on it again. Yep, that was right the first time. I lost 10lbs!!
You have no idea how badly I wanted to text my friends to tell them the good (for me!) news. I couldn't in good conscious do that at 5:45 in the morning on a Saturday so I waited until a respectable 9:45 ish to do it. They were happy for me and congratulated my hard work via text and at the party later that night. And then we all celebrated with cheese filled dough, pineapple pasteles (pastries from Porto's), rice, meat, mac n cheese, and whatever else was at the party that we wanted to eat. ;) Ahhh...heaven.
I will continue to exercise and watch what I eat, but I won't be nearly as strict now. I want to enjoy a few things along the way without the thoughts that I might lose because I am. My goal is to lose another 10lbs by the end of September. Totally doable. In the mean time, I've got to pick out an outfit. Wheeee!
13 comments:
You are the champion! Can't wait to see the new outfit!
ROCK ON! Scared of you!
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
that is AMAZING! I huge congrats!
yayayay! a big huge congrats to you!
Whoohoo, congrats! That's a great accomplishment.
And remember, everything in moderation -- including moderation. :)
Yay for winning!!! I knew you could do it.
congrats to you, friend (again!)! i knew you could do it :)
Yay super fantastic!!!!! You're a much better person than I am cause I for sure would have texted everyone at 5:45AM
Nice work! Congrats! I need to get involved with something like this so I'm motivated.
10 lbs! Awesome! Congratulations on all the hard work!
Go, you!!!
Yeahhhh! Congrats on winning the challenge, you worked super hard! Now, you know where to come hang out if you want to meet that September 10lb challenge. Heh heh. ;-p
Post a Comment