Monday

Shower Time

It's been blogged by many at this point. I took pictures at the SFAMily Baby Shower this Saturday, but my point and shoot is shit compared to the hardware the others are slangin'. Ha! I'll link you to their recaps here, here, here, and here for proper photographic documentation.

What I learned from the shower:

*It's true that some women are more attractive when they are pregnant than others. Luckily our Guests of Honor fall firmly into that category. I'm not just saying that...it's really true!

*Names are not meant to be taken lightly. If you love your kid, please name them something that can be spelled and that won't instantaneously cause others to mock them. Babies have little to no reprieve from mockery (from some) and they will be adults someday. All bets are off then.

*Having our own room is a huge benefit for us and others. No shooshing!

*Being pregnant was one of the most amazing times of my life. I was reminded of that on Saturday.

*Food is a common bond that brings us together.

*The Moms-to-be are amazingly together and down to Earth about pregnancy, preparedness, and the entire experience. It's pretty great that they are going to bring children in to the world that sorely needs this grounded, positive attitude.

I will add that I was so happy to see friends that I rarely get a chance to hang out with due to schedules and geography. It's too long in between gatherings. I was so very happy to get a chance to celebrate two wonderful women and their impending motherhood. You two are going to be amazing moms and I can't wait to meet your daughters!

Maybe when I get home if I'm not too tired, and if the computer isn't slow as hell, I'll share my pictures from the event. Don't hold your breath. ;)

12 comments:

Mrs. Case said...

We like unique names but sometimes people just get ridiculous. We'll neve rpick something that can't be pronounced or spelled. My MIL informed me that if we didn't pick Catholic names, that she'd pick some for us and refer to them by that name rather than their given name. Have I mentioned I'm not Catholic?

weezermonkey said...

Pictures be damned! I love your recap!

California Girl said...

See, I didn't bring a camera for a reason!

I was giggling for the rest of the weekend about crazy names people give to their babies.

It was so nice to hang out with you on Saturday, R! You are such a sweetheart. And such a good mama too. Lil' man is lucky to have you.

Thank you for the shower, once again!

Winnie said...

Nice recap :)

So, you mean . . . it's not ok to name my future child Orange?

Nanette said...

I love your recap! Em Dash aka Diva Muffin also approves. ;)

Julie Q said...

i wrote this on weemos blog too, but i would LOVE to hang out with y'all sometime. you guys sound like the funnest batch of girls :)

Jen said...

Love this recap!! Well said!

dapotato said...

very nice recap. so sweet.

amber said...

the names conversation was too damn funny! love the recap :)

wan said...

sometimes, words are worth a thousand pictures.

now is one of those times :)

Claire said...

you don't need no stinkin' pictures for a great recap. you did quite well. :)

Trisha said...

<3<3 the recap <3<3

I was so glad to see you on Saturday! You look absolutely beautiful, BTW. Your hard work has definitely paid off!