I.am.beat.
On Sunday I talked to Nina and she told me about a friendly competition she, Solo, and our friend Sweet decided to participate in. A friendly competition to lose weight. With prizes. Yep, it's the home version of Biggest Loser. And I wanted in.
You see I was seriously, albeit quietly, considering getting a group of people together to create some kind of weight loss/fitness challenge. A few of my favorite people have recently been getting back on the weight loss wagon and I decided to do the same. I knew a little competition would help me stay motivated and on track so this seemed perfect for me. And I didn't have to organize it. ;) They graciously agreed to let me join in their reindeer games.
The rules:
-Contest is from 7/7 - 8/7 (Nina and I have decided to continue past this date for each other)
-First person to lose 5 lbs gets lunch
-Each person to lose 10 lbs gets a new outfit. Each player will buy the winner(s) something from the designated store thereby creating a new outfit.
We weighed in yesterday. It's on. I have already made it to the gym Monday and Tuesday morning for my workouts. Yesterday I did a little over 3 miles on the elliptical and today I did 50 minutes for a little over 4 miles. I'm tired and my body is pretty pissed at me for not having gone to the gym in almost 6 months, but I'm fired up for this. Must feed my inner competitive lion. ;)
On the food front, I've gotten back to Spark People. I'm logging in all of my food and drinking my water. I readjusted my overall goals and I'm headed on my path. I'm ready. Ready to shed some pounds and ready for a new outfit. Ready to be healthier.
In all honesty, I know I probably will not make it to the 10 lb. mark in 30 days. My metabolism just doesn't cooperate to the level of 2 lbs. per week. But you know what? I'm going to try. I'm going to try really, really hard. I'm going to be really strict with my food and make sure I'm at the gym 4-5 times a week to try and make it happen. No soda for 30 days, no booze, no unnecessary bread or dressings, no ice cream...this one makes me really sad...and no eating like the world is ending and my pants fit perfectly. Cause it isn't and they don't. And I want to win. ;)
9 comments:
Competition ALWAYS makes me do better. At everything.
Good luck with the weight loss!
Good for you R! Just be healthy, that's all. Don't "overdo" it!
[standing up and applauding]
i'm right there with ya. til things get back to normal around here though, i'll be on the sidelines, cheering you on. very loudly! :D
You are totally winning this.
i'm with the monkey. love the competitive streak in you.
Rock on, R! Rock on!
If you want to add another challenge, the hubs and I are doing this one:
http://www.hundredpushups.com/index.html
<3 you! Good luck! I'll be rooting for you :)
good luck to you! i'll just work out/diet vicariously through you, because i don't have it in me ;)
Post a Comment