Some random things:
Right now the right side of my face is still numb. I went to the dentist for a deep cleaning this morning and it took forever (In my opinion). The doc shot me up like normal for the right quadrant cleaning. Then I waited. I almost fell asleep in the chair waiting. It didn't work on the lower half for some reason so he shot me up again. More waiting. More semi-dozing. Now the cleaning is done and I'm still numb. I'm hungry but I can't eat until the feeling returns to my face. At least my right nostril isn't numb anymore. That was weird.
Tomorrow is the left side. And the extraction of two wisdom teeth. Lawd help me and let the drugs be good.
..............................................................................
I went to the gym again this morning. (That might have something to do with my dozing at the dentist). I did 50 minutes total on the elliptical. I really wanted to quit around minute 30. I seriously considered stopping at 40 minutes and calling it a day. I think I cursed the skinny chick in front of me around minute 45. Then I thought about the other girls in the competition stopping at 45 minutes, and I made it to 50.
.............................................................................
I'm hungry. Did I mention that?
............................................................................
In other, less frivolous, news--Spunky P has gone home!!! They released her from the hospital a little over a week ago because she was doing so well with the treatments. She will still have to go to the hospital twice a week for her chemo and blood transfusions, but she's home. She has to stay away from crowds and be very careful not to get sick or else she'll have to go back, but for now she's doing well.
It also looks like her older brother might be a bone marrow match! So great!! They have to do further testing to be sure, but it's a hopeful sign. The family is still going to go through with this Sunday's Bone Marrow Drive in her name. Her brother isn't 100% matched yet and they figure that even if he turns out to be, this drive can help the other Spunky Ps of the world who aren't so lucky. Let's hope good things come from it for those suffering from this disease.
Thank you again to those who've donated blood for Spunky P. I really appreciate it and I know her mother does too.
...............................................................................
I guess this makes me feel a little dumb for worrying about my face. It's not that big of a deal compared to other's issues.
I'm still hungry though. And I'm scared about tomorrow. :(
10 comments:
they numb you up for a cleaning?! yikes! good luck with the wisdom teeth tomorrow.
that is so great about spunkyP. i really hope her brother is a full match :)
It is NOT dumb to worry about your face!
Don't be hungry! Eat something. Fruit? Salad? Fat free yogurt? Hunger just ain't good m'dear.
I'm registered with the Marrow Registry. I always hope they'll call me. I have a semi-rare bloog type AND I'm mixed race so I figured someone would need my marrow, but sadly not yet. I'd love to try and help save someone's life. I don't care how painful it is, it is worth it!!
Glad to hear about SpunkyP's progress. Good luck with the wisdom teeth tomorrow!
SUCH good news about Spunky P!
Also, the face-asleep feeling is SO CREEPY! I had that for my wisdom teeth removal and it was weird having it slowly wake up throughout the night. I don't envy you that :)
GREAT news about spunkyp!
i was numb and hungry on saturday for a couple of fillings. i officially really do hate the dentist after my super long visit, too. bleh.
I hope the wisdom teeth came out clean and easy!
i'm so, so, so happy to hear that spunky p is doing well!
so way overdue for the dentist. ugh.
Yay SpunkyP!
Post a Comment