Friday

Ho hums and other

I have a wee case of the Ho Hums today. I don't know if it's because I'm tired or a result of things swirling around in my head that seem to not have a clear answer. Probably a combination of both sprinkled with the impending Monthly Visitor next weekend. (Sometimes being a chick royally sucks. I wonder if it would have been better to have been born with a penis. I think I would have been a pretty kick ass guy...but I do enjoy the power of being a woman. Ah well, we'll never know will we.)

So, I've got a few things coming up this weekend. Tomorrow is an early day for me and Hubbs. We're headed off to somewhere that I can't quite talk about yet. I know. I hate being vague and leaving people in the dark but it's part of what's on my mind so I feel like it has to be at least mentioned. Hubbs and I have decided not to discuss this thing with anyone until after Saturday is done. Hopefully after tomorrow we'll have some more clear answers and I'll be better able to divulge. Dinner together on Saturday night should give us some good one on one time to discuss. I'm looking forward to it.

Sunday I will attend the bridal shower of a friend who is getting married this coming September. It's an outdoor shower. It will be hot. And I'll probably have to stay away from most of the food and drinks they'll have thanks to The Challenge. Hmph. At least I get to wear a dress I picked up thanks to a recommendation from Amber. (Funny, I may not have given it a second look if it weren't for her.) Hope it looks as good as I want it to. ;)

Let's see...what else? Oh, as of this morning I was down another 2lbs for a total of 7. I'm not going to get too excited yet because I officially weigh in on Monday. I'll update you all when I do and let's hope the progress is still the same. Or better. :) As for this (work) week, I woke up every morning to go to the gym and did 45 minutes of cardio on the elliptical. I also added 100 sit-ups to each workout. I am pretty happy with myself for sticking with it to this point. I do feel better overall from working out and eating healthier. And I've been sleeping a little better too. All good things.

I don't know what else to write about right now so, I'll just wish you all a happy weekend! I hope you get to do something fun and come back to the work week recharged.

13 comments:

addy said...

I need your resolve in going to the gym. That's so awesome! Good luck on your vague topic... :-)

Claire said...

How did I miss that dress on Amber's blog? Love it!!!

I'm intrigued about Saturday. I hope everything turns out the way you hope it will.

weezermonkey said...

I wish I weighed what that picture says.

ssinca said...

curious about saturday as well! GL with whatever it is you are up to.

and congrats on the weight loss!

dapotato said...

hope everything goes well today, whatever it is. Great job on sticking to the gym thing.

Winnie said...

Good luck with today :)

That Girl said...

Friday I had a case of the "bent-over-cramps" which is only slightly better than the "ho hums" and I'm still thankful I don't have a penis.

10yearstogether said...

Hope you ended up having a great weekend R! And you are SO winning that contest, I'm rooting for you!

amber said...

*i hope everything went okay this weekend.

*so awesome of you sticking to the get fit challenge. let me know if ever want a friend to walk around the rose bowl :)

*oh, you got the dress!! yayay! so, thumbs up, yes?

California Girl said...

It's Monday, it's Monday! I'm sure you're doing great!

willikat said...

i'm dying to know what the vague reference was to...

wan said...

i'm so late reading this, but i really hope that whatever you and hubbs did on saturday worked out for you.

you know where to reach me if i can be of help!

Laura said...

Those darn plateaus!! You have an awesome attitude.