Saturday was a looong day. We got up and left the house as scheduled at 7:30 a.m. (too early on a Saturday if you ask me). Our drive to Torrance was smooth sailing. No traffic, no problems, and no bad directions. Our destination was El Camino College and we found it with ease. Once we arrived at the college, finding our meeting spot was another story. Let's just say that the information sheet could have been a lot more clear as to where on campus we were supposed to be meeting. We arrived 30 minutes early but found the meeting spot 10 minutes late.
What was the meeting for? Well, Hubbs and I decided to look in to adopting a child. We wanted to get information and see what was involved in the process should we decide to expand our family through that route. It's something that we've discussed off and on over the last few months but didn't know much about as far as the process is concerned. We figured this meeting would be beneficial in getting that information and helping us decide if this was something we could and would want to do. And we were right. There was a lot of information and a lot to discuss afterwards.
We talked about it a little on the way home, but reserved most of our discussion for dinner. I think we both needed some time to digest the information and implications of a decision like that. And it wasn't something that could just be decided after a 3 hour meeting. Everything needed to sink in. So, we drove to get my hair trimmed and blow dried and we had normal conversation about other stuff.
Dinner was at The Vault in Pasadena.
I had the filet mignon and Hubbs had the Roast Beef sandwich.
Hubbs really liked his meal and my was just OK. I couldn't finish it though. The restaurant is a little more beat up than when we went shortly after it's open, and there weren't too many people eating while we were there. That does not bode well for the place. We sat out on the patio area and were completely alone the entire time we were there. The service was friendly and attentive so that was nice. Overall we enjoyed the time together and that was the most important goal of the evening.
Sunday we got to sleep in a little. Eventually I had to get up and start getting ready for the bridal shower that afternoon. Here is the table set up, the bride-to-be with me, the cake, and the food.
Everything was really nice and laid back. There was only one game played and I did not win. It was a true game of chance so I couldn't even try to strategize. Boo. I'll admit, I was still a little hungry considering they mainly had salad for lunch. It caused me to do a little too much snacking here and there which was no bueno. Granted, I snacked on fairly healthy alternatives, but snacking gets me in trouble with eating too much.
With that said, I weighed in this morning and I'm the same as last week. Sucks. It's frustrating to put in all that work and sacrifice to see no results from it. *sigh* Oh well. I will keep plugging along. It's not always going to be easy, but I will keep trying.
With that said, I weighed in this morning and I'm the same as last week. Sucks. It's frustrating to put in all that work and sacrifice to see no results from it. *sigh* Oh well. I will keep plugging along. It's not always going to be easy, but I will keep trying.
Some of you are probably wondering what we decided to do about the idea to adopt. I won't go in to all the details of why we were thinking about it and what we discussed, but I think that we both feel, for several different reasons, that it isn't for us. At least not at this time. We'd love to be able to give a child a chance at having a family who wouldn't normally have the opportunity. There are so many out there that are neglected and abused who deserve the same basic love we're given and give without question. Maybe someday we'll feel more ready to do that under the circumstances that the County provides, but not right now.
We're going to table the idea for now but not completely rule it out for our future. You never know what could happen or what might change. I guess that answers at least one of the many questions swirling around in my head.
10 comments:
love the blown out hair! you look great. skinnier hair, skinnier bod. :)
and glad you solved one mystery.
i give you guys total kudos for even considering adoption. it's something most people don't even give a single thought. sounds like you guys are making the best choice for the two of you right now.
love love love that dress on you! you could so be jordin sparks older sister :)
wow! i don't know what i was expecting, but it wasn't that. :) anyway, it's good to explore your options and become educated on the process. i'm glad you were able to talk it through.
your hair looks fabulous, my dear! and that bridal shower looks lovely.
Um maybe you don't notice a difference, but it's DEFINITELY noticeable in pictures - you look fabulous!!!!!
And FWIW, we've had similar discussion about fostering, but our plan (or at least mine, I have years to work on Thatboy) is to foster disabled children once our own have left for college. That way we have the time, energy, and money to devote to children that really need loving environments.
Adoption! Amazing! :)
I am digging the hair. A lot.
you are an amazing person (and couple) for even giving adoption a thought.
and you look hot in that dress and fab hair! maybe the scale isn't tipping in your favor, but I can definitely see the change.
Wow, adoption! That's really cool! It's nice to hear you're exploring all the options and taking time to consider all the implications.
I agree with the ladies...the hair rocks! And you look fab too!!
Glad to hear that the mystery is solved for you. That's one fancy bridal shower :)
Wow! I commend you for even considering adoption, even if it's not right for you now.
And I agree - you LOOK fabulous, despite your feelings on the scale numbers!
Adoption is a fantastically generous thing to even consider... :) Good for you!
And I'm digging the hottie hair!
Post a Comment