Sunday

4th of July Fun

The fun continues in the R household. For the 4th of July we had planned to go to my Dad's house to hang out before heading to the Angels game. Similar plan as the last time we went to the Angels game and it worked out nicely. We spent a few hours chatting and eating with the Parents and it was nice. Hot, but nice.

There was no traffic going to the game. Thank goodness! We were trying to get there early enough for Lil Man to get some autographs from players, but when we arrived we were told it was too late. I felt bad about missing out on that for him. Really bad. I guess I should take that Bad Mom Award and carry it around for a while. We are going to have to go to another game and rectify that situation.



Before the game started the girls wearing Angels gear and toting shirt cannons made their way around the stadium. I forget what they're called, but that isn't really important. What's important is that Lil Man almost caught one of the shirts fired out from the cannon. Twice! So close yet so far. The man to our left who caught one of them was kind enough to give the shirt to him anyway. That thing was huge!

The game got underway, but first the singing of the national anthems (Toronto was playing) and the unfurling of the gigantic flag on the field. All this followed by the B-17 fly over.

The game was OK and again I was not overly excited about the food. Personally, I think the Dodgers have better grub. What I really was there for was the fireworks. I'm a sucker for a good fireworks show.

I liked the show and, despite the fingers in the ears, so did Lil Man. We fought our way through the parking lot and found the freeway for the long drive home. All along the way we were treated to various fireworks displays shooting into the air. It was a fun 4th. :)

8 comments:

weezermonkey said...

Li'l Man is so hilarious with the fingers in the ears.

I like Angels food better, but that may be because I've ODed on Dodger food. Angels have grilled corn-on-the-cob...on a stick!

That Girl said...

Actually the Padres have the best food....

California Girl said...

I've never been to an Angels game. It looks like you all had a great time! Lil' man is too cute.

dapotato said...

those are some nice fireworks. love the fingers in the ears. hehehe.

amber said...

what a happy 4th!

Claire said...

What a sweet guy to give Lil Man the cannon T!
Love the fireworks pix. :)

wan said...

i gotta say, i prefer angels food to dodgers food. :)

that was really nice of the man to give li'l man his t-shirt! there are still nice people out there.

Winnie said...

Great fireworks pictures! How sweet of the guy to give the shirt to lil man.