Guess who survived? Guess who was being a gigantic puss about nothing? Yep. That's right. Me!
Yesterday went so much better than I expected it to. It was quick. I was still tortured and freaking out during the shots (I will always be freaked out over needles), but there was no actual pain during the extractions. Hallelujah!
I got lucky and the dentist was able to take the slightly impacted wisdom tooth out without cutting my gums and cheek. I think this made a huge difference in my experience. I'm only swollen a little bit today vs the expected chipmunk cheek status. My cheek is not bruised. My mouth is sore, of course, but I haven't had to take any Vicodin for the pain today. I've only been able to eat yogurt, jello, cottage cheese and some soup for sustenance, but I've been able to eat and that is good. It's also good for the weight loss challenge. ;)
Everyone has told such horror stories of wisdom teeth removal that I consider myself extremely lucky. I know it's not over yet, but my first day of recovery has gone pretty smoothly. I've heard that the next couple days can be hell (thanks tater!) so I'll wait and see what happens. I have a positive out look though and I'm hoping for the best.
Thanks for all your well wishes and happy thoughts. I really appreciate it! And thanks for obliging my stupidity with the dentist. I know it didn't make sense to be that worried, but I did add the disclaimer that my fear was irrational so at least I know I was being stupid. Hopefully you still love me for that. ;)
10 comments:
So lucky you're only a little swollen! I was a chipmunk when I got mine out!
Yay for little pain! Sooo glad I never got wisdom teeth.
Guess that means I have no wisdom at all :)
Glad to hear that everything went much better than expected.
And umm...if it helps you win the challenge, even better. Maybe I can go to the dentist and have him take out a couple of back molars I may or may not actually need :)
congrats for a relatively pain-free experience! mine wasn't bad either, even a few days later;)
hope tomorrow proves me wrong!
Yay!
There's no such thing as an irrational fear - unless it's a fear of something like polka dots.
R!!!!! OMG I hope you feel better. I just got a huge pain in the back of my mouth where the gaping holes from surgery are, just by reading this. I'm so glad you aren't going through the horribleness most people go through! I wouldn't wish that upon anyways (well.. maybe Spencer and Heidi..)
here's to a super fast recovery! just don't eat 10 lbs of gourmet mashed potatoes like i did. haha, sad but true
and enjoy the tic tacs aka painkillers. mwahahaha
yay for better-than-expected!
i'm glad it went as well as can be! just keep swishing around saltwater and rinsing with the fun little tool they give you. it'll keep your risk of infection way down.
Post a Comment