Monday

Free Fallin' Summer Fun

I had a pretty great weekend. I'll start with Sunday and work my way back.

Sunday--Sweet sleep. I slept in on Sunday until 9:00 ish. I was heavy lidded when I got up and finally decided to eat breakfast; still wading in the remnants of slumber. So nice.

I spent a good chunk of the day cleaning. Not my favorite past time, but done with favorable results. I love the feeling of satisfaction that comes with some elbow grease and glimmering shower walls. For a split second I thought I saw Mr. Clean wink at me in the reflection. ;) OK, I'm exaggerating the results a wee bit, but hell I put some effort into that bathroom and kitchen. I deserve to indulge myself a bit.

When the cleaning was done, it was time to scrub myself down and get dressed. We were going to the John Mayer concert at the Verizon Wireless Amphitheater. So exciting!! My Mom was coming to the house to watch Lil Man for us and we were going to have a grown up evening on a Sunday night. Fun! Hubbs had agreed to go with me even though he is not a fan of JM's music so this was our first official concert together. While I was not looking forward to the drive, I was looking forward to the experience.

We got there and walked to where the loooong line had formed for entry into the venue. I'm such a concert rookie that I had no clue what the procedures were. I didn't realize that we'd be there right on time for the first of two opening acts. Ugh to me. Had I known that we could have had a meal at a restaurant instead of paying for a $7 Louisiana Turkey Link. Oh well, lesson learned.

Walking in to the venue.


Here are my shit-tastic pics of the opening acts. Denny something and Colbie Cali-whatever.





Guess who I saw walk in and be seated jealously close to the stage in the fifth row?


That's Nanette! I knew she had super great seats and that we'd be at the same concert. I didn't realize that I'd actually see her walk in. Hubbs and I sent a text to the screen up front to say hi, but it never showed up. Oh well. We hope you had fun at the concert! :)

John Mayer finally took the stage around 9:30. Hubbs said my face lit up like a kid in a candy store. Whatever. I was happy to be there and happy he was finally starting. When he came out I was shocked to see his hair cut short. I liked it though so it was a good shocked. :) I think it was a great set list and I really enjoyed his version of Tom Petty's Free Fallin'.

I couldn't get a clear picture of him up close so the ones further away will have to suffice. We were sitting closer than the pictures indicate but what do you want from Lodge seating. It was better than the lawn. :)







I also liked when he took his shirt off for Panama. ;) Too bad my camera died when I tried to take a picture! :( I know he's skinny, but it was kind of hot with the music, the guitar, his tattoos and everything. Nanette, you with me on this one?



Besides, I obviously don't mind skinny white guys. ;) Thanks for playing along for the concert Hubbs! Love you!


Even though Hubbs doesn't enjoy the music, he did enjoy the show. He said JM put a lot in to the music and gave a good performance. Lots of energy. I, of course, enjoyed the show very much. It was different than last time, but I had a really great time so I was a happy girl.

We finally got home around 1:45 a.m. thanks to traffic and freeway closures. Yikes. I want to go to sleep right now. Looks like it'll be an early night in the R household.

Saturday--I had a little bit of alone time in the house after Hubbs and Lil Man left the house to drive to the Dallas Cowboys' training camp in Oxnard. Lil Man has been getting into sports a lot more lately and was really excited about going out there to see the pros practice. Afterwards they had plans to hang out and have dinner together. Fun boys' day. Since I rarely get any alone time in the house I reveled in it until it was time to head out the door.

First stop, see the Monkey get cornrows and be the ultimate in dedication to a costume. She has more pictures to prove it. I am still in awe.


Next stop, go to my friend's parent's house for her birthday BBQ nearby the first stop. It was an afternoon/evening of lounging, talking with friends, and wistfully looking at all the food and drinks I could not partake in. Stupid Challenge.







And there were babies.



All in all it was a really relaxing day.

And yes, that is the dress in a different color. I now have that dress in 4 different colors. Shut up. It's comfortable and I got a lot of compliments on it. I'm going to wear them all the time. A couple of my friends who saw me in the dress last weekend went out and got a couple of their own in different colors too. This is probably the ONLY time I will ever be a fashion influence on someone else. Ha! Thanks Amber. :)

12 comments:

weezermonkey said...

That is so funny that you saw Nanette!

Thanks again for stopping by and taking pictures. You made the time at the salon super fun! :)

California Girl said...

John Mayer is freaking SEXY. Glad you had a great time!

addy said...

I was at that concert too!!! How awesome was it? I'll be posting a couple of pics soon. I am totally jealous of Nanette's amazing seats, but I guess she is pregnant and all. I think that show is one of my favorites of JM's, and I was really digging his buzz cut. Am I the only one?

Nanette said...

OMG!!!! I had no idea you were going! We should have met up at least to say hello, silly girl!

- The opening act was Brett Dennen, whom I love but sadly we only arrived in time to hear his last song.

- Why yes, that WAS a churro I was eating. That picture and your caption had me in stitches! Hilarious!

- Mmm...shirtless John...

- I'm glad you had a great time! It was an awesome show!

dapotato said...

yay for sleep. yay for being the corn row photographer.

had NO idea john mayer was so tatted up. love that you got a photo of our dear nanette.

Winnie said...

That dress is totally cute! You looked great in the picture of you and Weezermonkey on Saturday in her blog :)

amber said...

* so happy for you with the JM concert. he's still on my list of folks i'd like to see live one day.

* i'm assuming lil man enjoyed training camp? really great that he got to go see them workout. now, if i can only find a local camp where tom brady is working out....

* YAY for the dress! i'm so happy that you love it and are passing that love onto others. i'm kinda giddy over it! oh, and so far, i see no repeats in colors between us. ;)

That Girl said...

Hey I lost my virginity on the lawn at Verizon Amphitheater. Okay maybe not, but I did spend many the summer night there in high school.

willikat said...

i love your stalker view of nanette. also, i like skinny white guys too.

Julie Q said...

did you witness John Mayer's "o" face? hahaha (when he's jamming on the guitar)

i saw your pic in weemos post earlier.. omg i wish you could just pop up at the salon when I was getting my hair did, how cool would that be? I'd totally show up for your appointments as well :)

Claire said...

That pic of your hubs is super cute! What a fun weekend... I have a hair appt coming up, btw... :)

wan said...

i'm dying at your picture of our dear nanette! and i love the coverage of the cornrowing, too.