Our marriage is almost two years old. It's kind of hard to believe the time has gone by so quickly. We've learned a lot about working together and becoming a stronger team while at the same time trying to manage the curve balls life has thrown at us. In 13 days we'll go through our usual routine of getting home, making dinner, and settling in but we'll end it with watching our wedding video and maybe a small toast to another year of life together. This will be a very low key anniversary, pretty much like all of our celebrations are, except we've decided to exchange gifts. Nothing big or fancy, but a small token to make the other smile.
I asked Hubbs if he wanted to exchange gifts and his response was, "No. We don't need to spend the money on each other."
I said," Are you sure? We exchanged gifts for our first anniversary." ...Pause... "Do you even remember what we got for each other?"
This was followed by some snickering and laughing from both of us because he had briefly forgotten what he gave me. I reminded him eventually and that was that. We went to sleep and didn't talk about it anymore.
Yesterday he called me to talk and mentioned that he'd ordered my anniversary present. *scooby doo noises* "What? I thought we weren't going to do that."
"Yeah, I thought we said we would. Didn't we?"
Obviously I love Hubbs for more than his memory. *shaking head* He's assured me it's nothing major so I needn't worry about getting something spectacular for him. He said all he needs is a kiss and a smile and he'll be happy. Yeah right! I'm not going to show up empty handed. The hunt is on. ;)
You know what would make me smile this anniversary? If I could fit back in to my wedding dress. ;) I was soo close but I got lazy and let the effort slip away. While my motivation to exercise faded, the pounds came creeping back. I gained 10 lbs. in almost 3 months and I have no one to blame but myself. I'm just happy to catch myself now and not another 10 lbs. from now.
I've decided I'm done feeling gross. I declare that by our 3rd anniversary I will fit into my dress again. With ease. That means I've got to get the exercise ball rolling again. I've already started watching what I'm eating and managed to lose a pound or two so far. It's back to regular weigh-ins and consistent work-outs for me.
I've got some work to do! Gift hunting and pound shedding!!
7 comments:
Yay for the 2nd anniversary!
happy almost anniversary?
Wow, two years! Time flies!
Happy almost-anniversary!
do you remember what i bought the hub for the 2nd wan-niversary? the 2nd year is "cotton" and so i ordered him a pair of boxers that had "property of wan-nabe" embroidered on 'em. cheap, easy, and funny. i'm just sayin'.
happy early anniversary! did you figure out a good gift yet?
Time flies for sure! Don't be so hard on yourself . . . I think you look great in pictures :)
Post a Comment