I'd never really been much of a purse girl growing up. I was a tomboy and held out on carrying a purse as long as I could. The eventual need to carry tampons around inconspicuously, along with a checkbook, got me started on the practice of carrying a purse regularly. For me, something small and basic was all I ever cared about having. I was lucky enough in the past to always get a cute little purse as a Christmas or birthday gift from Nina or and I'd use it until the wheels fell off. As I get older what I want has changed. A little. It might be the company I keep or the fact that I carry a whole lot more stuff these days, but whatever the case my tastes have veered toward the more mature. Read: expensive. ;)
Some of you might remember that I was recently coveting a Coach purse or 3. Still in the vein of simplicity, they were all black and nondescript for the most part. And completely out of my price range. Even more so because I had never purchased a purse that cost more than $40 in my lifetime and couldn't conceive of why I should invest so much money into a large tampon transporter. Well, I've changed my mind a little. Ha! I still cringe at the price tags I see, but I'm determined to make a mature handbag purchase someday.
Today was not the day though. (I know, totally anticlimactic!) The reason being that I just can't fork over that kind of dough when the economy is playing tricks on my employment situation. I was going to charge it, but thought better of that idea. What I did do was buy a much less expensive black purse I can carry around on the regular along with this fun consolation prize:
Much more affordable and still manages to curb my craving for this understated beauty:
Much more affordable and still manages to curb my craving for this understated beauty:
For now, anyway. ;)
I'll pull the trigger some day. Just not today. It's only a matter of time. :)
6 comments:
I went to the Coach outlet hoping to find a gem I'd been eyeing for some months. Their prices were sooo not cheap like you'd expect from an outlet. These days I'm beginning to think "outlet" is synonymous with "other location."
Hee, my (free) Nine West purse (and not even a cute one) is falling apart but I'm too cheap and too non-committal to buy a new one.
i like the one you have your eye on - very pretty.
i actually have one of those little wristlets from coach and it is the perfect thing to take out to the bars or clubs. okay, you're probably like me and don't do that scene much anymore, but still. ;)
i hope you get your baby soon!
i also dig the one you're eyeing. very pretty and classic!
actually, if you time it right with the coach outlet, you can get some really great deals. try hitting it up over a holiday weekend of some sort - that's when they put a lot of stuff on sale, or toss out the "take an additional 40% off" signs.
I'm with Wan - I have a couple gorgeous $60 purses from the coach outlet, and got my MOH a purse from there as a gift. Of course, it helps that I'm 15 minutes from the outlet.
I got a note from coach about a class action settlement from coach. Final decision is November 12, and after that the note becomes a 30% off coupon. I'll send it your way because I don't need any new purses at this moment.
holy crap! it was like i wrote this post myself. i only have a couple of black purses (one that gets thrown into the mix a lot) but every time i see a new purse that I love- its always brown. Its good to know that that happens to other peeps!
Post a Comment