Wednesday

Not MIA

It's been almost a week since I posted last. What is wrong with me? I guess I just don't have much to share. Or I'm not completely comfortable sharing everything I'm thinking right now. Probably more the latter. I am feeling out of sorts and it would probably be an unnecessary downer post. I'm not going to jump off a building or anything so don't go gettin' any crazy ideas of sending me "someone to talk to". ;) It's normal life stuff that you can't do anything about and isn't really worth complaining about. I'll shake it off eventually.

With that said, I'm going to focus on some of the good stuff going on. How about an update on Spunky? In early September she was declared "in remission", with only 2% left showing in her blood, and the plans were set for her bone marrow transplant. Woo hoo! On September 16th I got this picture message from her mom:

"The night before the transplant. Boa thanks to V. Please keep her in your prayers!"


The next day I got this one: "Big Bro is done! What a brave boy!"


Spunky's big brother was identified as a bone marrow match in August and gave to his sister willingly. He recovered quickly and was back home the next day. Spunky, of course, had to stay in the hospital for a while until she was healthy enough to go home. I'm happy to report that her white blood count was up over 1700, according to her mom, and was able to go home this past Monday. Such great news! I don't know much about what's next, but I'm very happy that things are going the way they are. I'm sure nowhere near as happy as her Mom is. :)

See, that's enough to make anyone feel good. Don't ya think? Puts things in perspective at least. :)

7 comments:

Winnie said...

I hope life turns for the better for you soon. Yay for Spunky's recovery! What a brave and generous brother she has.

amber said...

{{hugs}} sucks when life gets rocky, but i hope you start feeling better soon.

that is SUCH great news about spunky!! yayayay!

That Girl said...

I won't "send you to anyone" even though I think that's an idea that shouldn't be knocked by anyone and can always be beneficial - BUT I will remind you that if you ever need anything I'm just an internet away (and I mean anything - even just a joke because you're having one of those days)

wan said...

spunky's smile lights up the room. i'm so happy things are looking up!

and what an awesome brother she has. i honestly have the biggest goosebumps reading this, only having a slight idea of the pain involved in bone marrow donation. wow.

California Girl said...

Oh, that's really wonderful news. Honestly, that is the stuff in life that counts.

I hope you are hanging in there my dear... keep smiling, even when it is hard :)

Anonymous said...

Spunky's story definitely puts things into perspective. And what a great big brother! I hope and pray Spunky makes a full recovery.

Jen said...

So happy to hear the news re: Spunky.

Hope you are doing okay ...