I'll be reading them from cover to cover over the next couple of days before we decide whether or not to give them to Lil Man. Of course we'll have a talk with him on our own and "open the floor", if you will, so he's free to ask questions right away. We've always been open and honest with him about things like sex, growing up, and school issues so this isn't going to be out of left field or completely awkward. I'm just hoping that anything we might miss will be covered in these books.Hopefully this will be better than Playboy! ;)
8 comments:
Is it bad that I'm laughing at It's Perfectly Normal?
again, I do not envy you whatsoever.
good luck;)
Good luck. You both are very brave.
When my husband turned "of age" so to speak, his dad literally gave him a Playboy and told him to figure it out.
Obviously we've discussed what changes we'll make when we're parents ourselves. I applaud you for being proactive in keeping Lil Man informed of upcoming changes. It is so important to be safe and healthy.
Good luck with that!
lots of luck to you. :)
it sounds to me like you've got it covered - your relationship seems like mine with the teen. as long as you keep a sense of humor and emphasize that no question is too embarrassing or shameful, you'll do just fine!
so, did you give him the books?
Lots of luck to you my friend. LOTS of luck!
Post a Comment