Wednesday

Gray Blue

Can't believe it's Wednesday. I feel like my life is rushing by and standing still at the same time. Ever get that feeling? I need some order and joy in my life.

This past weekend I got to spend a couple of hours with a couple of really great friends. We had Afternoon Tea in Pasadena and walked around the shops a bit afterward. Tea was great and so was the company. I couldn't buy anything at the shops we visited so that part was not so great, but I was happy for the time spent not chasing after Lil Man to do homework or worrying about the ills of my life. Sometimes you need that infusion of friendship and laughter to brighten up the world a little bit.

Lil Man's team took a bit of a beating against their opponents this weekend too. The final score was 28-8. Ouch. Lil Man played harder than he has recently so I was happy for that. I'm proud of his efforts more so than his results. Let's hope that this next weekend will bring our boys a victory.

Monday was blah.

Tuesday was spent chasing after Lil Man to complete his unfinished assignments and do chores. All the while I half heartedly watched TV while methodically peeling and sticking stamps on over 1500 postcards. Yay for bulk mail advertising. *eye roll* I did manage to run a couple of errands and briefly enjoy the beautiful weather outside. That was nice. I also made my first ever meatloaf last night since I had ample time to cook an actual meal. It was declared a hit!

Today...well, it's Wednesday. Nothing exciting about it except I noticed, under the harsh bathroom lights, that I have excessively more gray hair than I did a couple months ago. What the hell?! I'm only 32 but my hair looks 42. For a split second I wondered (in my head) when I should start dying my hair to cover them up. Then I realized that I only cut my hair a handful of times a year...there is no way I'd get my hair dyed regularly every 6 weeks like you're supposed to. Oh well. I guess I won't get the complimentary carding next time I order an adult beverage. Move it along ma'am, we need to card the hotties to see if they're old enough to drink.

Tomorrow night I'm going to attend a fundraiser function with a couple of friends. I'm looking forward to it. It's a fundraiser to help support scholarships for high school students and we'll get to see a comedy show as part of it. We're going to meet up before the show and have dinner together. It'll be another friendship infusion that is more than welcomed.

6 comments:

weezermonkey said...

I don't have much to say except...I miss you! It has been too long since we last saw each other.

willikat said...

Friendship infusion from chilly St. Paul!!!

That Girl said...

The hubs found my first grey hair on my birthday this year. I finally feel like a grownup!

ssinca said...

you are lucky...I've been getting grays since I was about 18. I now do an all-over dye myself before getting professional highlights so I cover all of the grays.

yep, it sucks getting old.

Winnie said...

Meh. I'm feeling old these days too.

Take care, my friend.

amber said...

i haven't noticed greys yet, but jim sure is getting quite a few. ;)