Friday- Turned out to be a busy day at work. I didn't wind up leaving until roughly 2 hours after I wanted to. Oh well. I was invited to go to Nina's house and join in a game of Bunco with some of her friends in the neighborhood. Since I wasn't going to be able to meet my OC pals for the new Twilight flick, I decided to accept the invitation. It turned out to be more fun than I expected. Those women are funny, wild, and almost all over 40.
Saturday- In the morning I woke up early to start baking brownies for Lil Man's football party today. I mixed and baked 3 batches all before it was time to meet up with the team. We had a game in Simi Valley and the boys fought their way to a victory! It was very exciting and Lil Man made a pretty good tackle during the game. So fun!
We rushed home to go to a birthday party back at Nina and Nino's house that started at 4. I made it there around 4:30 and I was the fourth person there. Her family is always late! My boys headed home to shower up and then met us at the house to wish Nino a happy birthday.
We were only there for a couple of hours because Hubbs and I had a mini date night scheduled. We were going to see Twilight. :) In brief, I liked the movie for what it was; a cheesy, teen romance movie with some definite eye candy. Lovely! I'm not a die hard Twilight fan, but I was very much looking forward to seeing how this book got turned into a movie. Consider me satisfied.
What I didn't love was the girl giving her date a blow job a couple rows behind us. Ugh. :/ And she was equally unloveable when he, well, showed his appreciation. I'd say "grow up" but we were two of only a handful of movie goers over 20. I guess that put me in the old bracket. It was still annoying as hell...I didn't need to hear her moaning while Bella woke up in the hospital. I would have said something if the movie hadn't ended a shortly after I realized what was going on back there.
Sunday- Today I was up early again. I needed to finish the brownies and the centerpieces for the football team's party. I baked another batch of brownies, frosted, and added laces. Here's the finished product...little footballs!
I was in a frenzy to get everything accomplished before set up at 12:00. Lil Man helped out and we made it to the facility in time to help set up. It turned out to be a pretty fun party and the food was great. My brownies were a hit. ;) There was music, speeches, and lots of warm fuzzies. Our team manager (team mom) passed out the coaches gifts and even surprised me, along with a couple other mom's, with a very sweet thank you gift. The gift was for helping out during all of our team's fundraisers. So nice and unexpected! The boys had a great time and I'm really happy it went well.
Now it's time to settle in and get ready for a new work week. Thankfully I'll have a short one with Thursday and Friday off. I'm looking forward to some turkey and friends on Thursday. Maybe even a little drinking. ;) We'll see.
***********************
I want to briefly address Friday's post. I know it was a bit...revealing, if you will...but I'm glad I shared it. There is so much about me that just doesn't "come up" in normal conversation, but in this case I didn't feel like I could give Titi Feffy's situation justice without diving in to the background of what I was feeling and why. I hope you all understand. There are many things about my life that I will probably never completely reveal on this blog, but the sum of all my parts--good and bad--make me who I am today. I wouldn't be me without them and I wanted to share a little bit of that with you. Thanks for being my blogoshpere ears. :)
10 comments:
Those little footballs are the cutest!
You are so cute with your football brownies :)
My mouth was hanging WIDE open reading this, and then realizing I probably looked like your movie going friend, I closed it pretty quickly.
I actually thought the movie was far better than the book. Except for the crazy eyes of Jasper and Edward. I'm guessing both have 20/20 vision and have never worn contacts before.
I would have thrown popcorn at them or walked out and asked for a refund.
I love the football brownies. I'm sure they were a hit. Lil man is one lucky dude.
Ewwwwwwwww at the moviegoers. I would have asked for a refund at the very least. The football brownies are totally adorable! We'll have to discuss Twilight in full length later :)
Wow... I guess if that's the only way to get your boyfriend to go to Twilight with you, then so be it... :/ I'm glad I went with a bunch of old married chicks.
you should see my face right now at reading about your movie experience.
gah-ross.
those footballs are awesome.
ew. ew. ew. :/
those brownies are THE CUTEST THINGS EVER!!!
I still don't know how you balance everything, but I'm glad to hear that you were at least satisfied with Twilight (starring my true love) and can I just say that those football thingys look delish as a muther.
Post a Comment