It's time for an update on Spunky. It's been a while, but good news is worth waiting for. ;) Here is part of the e-mail I got from her Mom:
...Spunky has engrafted 97% of Big Bro's bone marrow and there is no sign of cancer!!! That means that Big Bro's bone marrow has almost completely taken over in Spunky's bones and there is no more sign of cancer. We are super excited! Unfortunately Spunky had to spend her Birthday in the hospital but she had responded so well to the bone marrow transplant that she was able to return home one week earlier than the doctors had anticipated. She had been home for about one month and was able to participate in the Halloween parade at Big Bro's school and go trick-or-treating with her best friend. However, last Thursday she was hospitalized again due to the doctors finding bacteria in her blood. The doctors do not know yet how she got the bacteria, possibly from the port (tube) sticking out of her chest or maybe it is just bacteria that everyone has in their bodies but her defenses are still too weak to fight it. Regardless on which situation causes it, were looking at a two week stay at The Hospital until it clears out. Spunky is in good spirits...
And here are a couple of the pictures she shared:




10 comments:
I think I may have said this before, but Spunky is the perfect name for this little girl.
I'm glad to see that she's in good spirit. Thanks for the update!
that is amazing news! and I agree - she does have one of the best smiles ever. thanks for the update;)
I'm still thinking good thoughts for Spunky.
Yay for Spunky! And yay for getting to have a happy Halloween.
Awesome! I'm so glad to hear she's doing so much better. Fantastic news.
this is wonderful news. and she just has the most beautiful little smile!
i'm so glad to hear she is doing so well!! what a little fighter :)
i'm so glad to hear she is doing so well! what a little fighter :)
Sending many good thoughts and vibes her way!
Post a Comment