Tuesday

Stop the Shop

Guess who is 98% done with their Christmas shopping? Me!! You have no idea how happy that makes me. Of course, it's easy to be almost done when you aren't buying gifts for many people, but still. The main point is that I have it almost all wrapped up. Pun intended. ;) The only gifts left to buy are for Lil Man and Hubbs' boss. We know what we're going to get for all of those people so it's just a matter of picking it up. The jury is still out on whether or not we can buy for the parents yet, but if we do it'll be something low key like movie tickets or a gift card. Hey, I know it's cheap but times are hard. And this year it really has to be the thought that counts.

I am so very sad that I can not participate in all the fantastic sales that'll be happening this holiday season. Black Friday and Cyber Monday will be off my radar this year. I never really get in to Black Friday, but I'd hoped that this year I could partake. Doomsday in January has killed that hope. Cyber Monday was my BFF last year for Christmas shopping, but this year it won't matter. I decided to drive to the stores of choice rather than pay for shipping. Thankfully, I managed to get the items on sale so I still feel good about it all. Maybe next year I'll get to snatch up a flat screen at basement prices. Maybe.

10 comments:

Cee said...

Yay for being done w/ xmas shopping. I'm only halfway done and it's all online. yay for free shipping.

This is the first year I won't be going out to the stores on Black Friday. There truly isn't anything out there for me to buy. Instead, I'll be watching Twilight. mwahahahahaha.

Oh and just keep waiting for the flat screen. Pricing are coming down!

willikat said...

Wow, count me impressed.
I can't participate in a lot of shopping this year, either, so I feel your pain.
I hope you're continuing to feel OK about everything, heading into the holidays.

Winnie said...

I hate shopping with crowds . . . so just think about all the headaches you are not having on Black Fridays and such.

Now if only I were as productive in the gift-shopping department . . .

That Girl said...

I'm so jealous you're done with your shopping! We haven't even started. Although the hubs informed me today he'd like to do all our Christmas shopping on Black Friday.

wan said...

i could almost call myself "done with christmas shopping" too, because we aren't buying anything for anybody this year. :X

although i never do the black friday thing anyway. i lack the patience, and i like my sleep.

dapotato said...

dang, jealous of your accomplishment. woo hoo for being done!

Julie Q said...

congrats on getting your xmas shopping done. and to think I didn't even have to give you my wish list ;)

alyssa said...

That's seriously impressive! I bet you'll enjoy a really festive holiday that's relatively stress free :)

amber said...

i'm impressed!

i'm bummed i missed my annual shopping date with blondie on black friday, but we'll pick up where we left off next year. i'm still trying to figure out when i'm going to fit in shopping this year. hmmm....

10yearstogether said...

You have a much bigger heart than me because to make things simple, I have cut everyone off my list besides the "obligatory coworker gifts" - ugh.