Hubbs: "Hey buddy, what do you think about this as a gift for your Mom's birthday?"
Lil Man: "I think it's good and she'll like it. You know, Mom says she doesn't want anything for her birthday, but if you ask me I think it's better to get her something and get in trouble for it than to not get her anything at all."
Wow. Words from a 10 year old. So my surprise gift is a Ladanian Tomlinson Chargers jersey. I am a Chargers fan but have never owned a jersey before. This is my first. (Did I mention that my highschool softball number was 21? Yeah, LT and I have a connection.) I'm not happy that he spent the money, but I am ridiculously excited that I now have a jersey to wear. I guess Lil Man was right. ;)In the morning I went to the gym. Why did I go to the gym on my birthday, you ask? I should sleep in and spoil myself a little you say? I agree, but I know that I will be eating things over the next couple days that should not be considered. I went to the gym to try and make a dent in the calories I will undoubtedly consume.
Lunch with my friend (who is getting married on Saturday) was
the first support for my decision to go to the gym. Langer's Delicatessen in LA. In a word, yum. Their pastrami sandwiches are superb and I am forever greatful to The Monkey for introducing me to that place. A pastrami sandwich on an onion roll with cream cheese paired with french fries and ranch dressing. Caloric overload but happy birthday belly. Definitely worth the drive and the time.
the first support for my decision to go to the gym. Langer's Delicatessen in LA. In a word, yum. Their pastrami sandwiches are superb and I am forever greatful to The Monkey for introducing me to that place. A pastrami sandwich on an onion roll with cream cheese paired with french fries and ranch dressing. Caloric overload but happy birthday belly. Definitely worth the drive and the time. The rest of the day was filled with phone calls, e-cards, e-mails, text messages, and cards in the mail all wishing me a happy birthday. Hubbs' parents and grandparents called me too. Very sweet. I even arrived back at my office to a bright, fun arrangement of flowers from a friend that definitely were a delightful surprise. OMG. I just said "delightful surprise". I am aging.
We finished off the night with some sushi (so I didn't have to cook) and a mint chip ice cream cake.
(2nd pic courtesy of Lil Man)
and here I am blowing out the candles
(Shut up. Yes, I took a picture of myself blowing out the candles.)
Thanks for the birthday wishes everyone! I will continue to celebrate tonight with some of my favorite people. Dinner and hanging out...couldn't be more perfect. :)
Tomorrow night is the Hubbs Dinner Special. I'm looking forward to it.(No pressure honey!)
4 comments:
Dude....Langers AND a BR ice cream cake?? Pretty sweet!! Glad you had such an awesome day ;)
what a great birfday you had! food is good :) and i love the li'l man's sage advice. amazing how smart they really are, huh?
Li'l Man is the best! Can't wait until we go to Langer's again. I'm so jealous you went this week!
So. freakin. sad. I couldn't make it on Friday. However, your special "Summer Friend" (in the good way) is back beginning on Thursday!!!!! I'll be available for all kinds of fun lunches and GTGs and random hanging out.
Your birthday looks delish, btw. It's making me crave pastrami sandwiches and ice cream cake.
Post a Comment