Monday

Dinner Special

I know you've been waiting for it...the details on my Saturday night dinner prepared solely by Hubbs from prep to clean up. His first attempt at a full blown meal complete with presentation. I must say, I am so proud of him for his efforts and his willingness to take on this challenge all for the sake of celebrating my birthday. His culinary accomplishments to date are fried egg sandwiches and grilled cheese. He's handy with a frozen pizza and a whiz at microwaved eggs. Essentially, I am the cook in the house and this arrangement works out just fine for us.

All of this might have to change. ;) Chef BoyarHubbs was successful in his forage into the foreign world of olive oil and seasonings. I sat at our table on Saturday night with a smile on my face and a full belly. I was so very proud of him as I hope he was for a job very well done.

Behold--steak, rice, and crab legs with a garlic butter dipping sauce:


Looks delish doesn't it? He prepared the main dishes on the grill and it all tasted great. He even melted the butter which, for some reason, made him nervous in the conceptual stages of the meal planning. I set the table...c'mon, I can't sit by and do absolutely nothing...and chopped the garlic for the sauce, but he did everything else including going to the store to buy the food and get a full propane tank for the grill.

It's really the simple things that make me happy. And he simply makes me happy. :)

Did I enjoy the meal? Very much. Here's photographic proof of the aftermath. It was a messy meal, but worth every inch of the napkins sacrificed in it's honor.

After the meal, Hubbs realized that maybe he shouldn't have done such a good job. Now I might want him to cook more. I think that's a definite. ;)

5 comments:

Bree said...

That looks delicious. Kudos to the chef!

weezermonkey said...

Mmmmm!

Anonymous said...

That looks sooo good! Yay for Chef BoyarHubbs!

wan said...

what a fabulous looking meal! props to the hub :)

Unknown said...

WOW, I'm no seafood fan, but I know it takes some skill to cook crab legs. Good for R (and lucky you)!