As the title implies, I have yet to attend a concert. Unless you count Summer Jam as a concert. I don't necessarily qualify Summer Jam because it's kind of a clusterphuck of acts and juveniles looking to cause trouble. Which they inevitably did when they rushed the stage after one rapper went on because they had "beef". Funny, when I have beef it's usually warm on a plate and accompanied with various forms of starch...and cheese or bacon if I'm lucky. Mmmmm....
But I digress. This weekend will mark my first real concert outing and I am excited! A little nervous too, but excited. What do I wear? Can I bring my camera? Do I sit or stand during the concert....I'm assuming I sit, but will I be the only nerd to stand up and be excited because I hear a song I like? Is it kosher to sing all the words I know or will I decrease my level of cool by doing that? What happens if the singer sees me and wants me to come on stage....or worse, decides to fall in love with me? I've always thought some singers were sort of dreamy, but I'd have to break his heart and tell him that I'm married.
OK....so obviously I don't think the singer will fall in love with me or even notice me in the crowd, but that's what happens when my mind wanders off sometimes. :)
Anywho, I'm happy to have a concert guide and several consultants at my disposal. I'll be asking all the stupid questions common of a newbie and hope that I'll be forgiven of my ignorance. I'll be contemplating my choice of outfit all this week and I hope to not embarrass my friend who's so graciously offered to help pop my concert cherry. Seriously, I'm looking forward to the experience and hope I don't become hooked like a first time tattoo-ee....once you get one, you want 12 more. It's an expensive habit to pick up.
This will be my slightly early birthday present so I'm happy to mark the occasion with a first time event. Yay!
Yes, I said "yay!".
3 comments:
Hee, hee. We are going to have SUCH a blast! And you can ask as many questions as you'd like. I'm happy to oblige. Let's see if I can address some of your questions now, with more info soon!
What do I wear? I haven't decided yet, but I tend to wear jeans and a cute top. And comfy shoes because there's a lot of walking to get to the Bowl and we'll probably be standing a lot.
Can I bring my camera? Hmmm...that I don't know.
Do I sit or stand during the concert....I'm assuming I sit, but will I be the only nerd to stand up and be excited because I hear a song I like? Oh, no, I imagine we'll be standing most of the time. On occasion we'll be around folks who want to sit, but even if they want to sit, we can still stand.
Is it kosher to sing all the words I know or will I decrease my level of cool by doing that? I SEE ALONG TO EVERYTHING! TOTALLY KOSHER...WITH ME!
What happens if the singer sees me and wants me to come on stage....or worse, decides to fall in love with me? You'll have to deal with me. That boy is MINE! ;)
What? What?! WHAT?! I'm shocked! Looks like Nanette gave you tips, but here are mine.
(1) Some concerts don't allow cameras. Some do.
(2) I like to sit whenever possible because I'm a lazy old fart, but most of the time you're forced to stand because everyone else is standing.
(3) It's ok to sing along provided you don't sing so loud so as to drown out the person(s) you and other people have paid to hear.
Finally, don't be that person who wears a t-shirt of the performer to that performance.
Yay, indeed! And...sorry to report, it is addictive. My terrible hearing and I are living proof. (Bring earplugs just in case! I wish I'd followed my own sage advice back in college, but I was just too cool for earplugs then.)
Hee, hee. WeeMo's points are very valid!
Oh, and I tagged you for a meme. Check out my site to see what I mean.
Post a Comment