Last Friday Lil' Man's school put on their annual Mother Son Dance. We've gone each year since he started there in the 4th grade. The first year I was a total geek about the whole thing. I didn't know what to wear, I didn't know what to have him wear, and I was a little choked up about how dang cute it was to be going to a dance with my son. It was our first dance so I got Lil' Man a boutonniere to commemorate the occasion. I told him he didn't have to wear it so he wouldn't be embarrassed. Check us rookies out from '06:
Seriously, if you want to pull on the heart strings of a mom all you need to do is throw on some sappy slow song and tell them to dance with their son. Then throw in that the next time you dance with them might be at their wedding. Yeah, great. Thanks Mr. DJ. Fast forward my life why don't ya. Hand me a tissue while you're at it too. Geez.
This was our 3rd year going to the dance. Our final year. Lil' Man is a 6th grader and I'm pretty sure they won't have stuff like this in Jr. High. And even if they did I'm pretty sure he wouldn't want to go with me. That's just the way it is when they grow up. Last year Lil' Man said he wasn't sure if he'd want to go to the dance in the 6th grade. I was prepared for him to say he'd rather skip it, but when he said he really wanted to go I was happy he wasn't "over it" yet. Awwww...he still loves his momma! ;)
So this year we were more relaxed about it all. We scaled down to jeans and got there a little after it started. It was pretty much the same old show--moms, kids, DJ, cookies and lemonade, and some cheesy dancing to kid appropriate music.
Here we are getting ready to step out. Sorry about the fuzzy and dark photos. The lighting in my place sucks.
So this year we were more relaxed about it all. We scaled down to jeans and got there a little after it started. It was pretty much the same old show--moms, kids, DJ, cookies and lemonade, and some cheesy dancing to kid appropriate music.
Here we are getting ready to step out. Sorry about the fuzzy and dark photos. The lighting in my place sucks.
Pretty much as soon as we arrived Lil' Man jumped in and started dancing with the other kids. After our nice picture, of course.
Here he is dancing with his friend. Do tha twist! And the conga line!
At one point they called all the 6th graders on stage to do a little performance to Grease Lightning. He's sooo cool. ;)
14 comments:
Adorable.
Awwww, so sweet! I'm glad you get to have moments like this!
It's cool that his school does this. I know my school growing up didn't have anything similar. Unless you count the fact that my dad voluntarily chaperoned every junior high school dance. I don't, by the way, count that fact.
So touching! Looks like you two have a great relationship.
i remember way back when you posting about the first dance. he has grown so much since then! :)
you look like you guys had a great time!
Too freaking sweet!
too cute. glad he's not too cool just quite yet.
Look what a proud mama you are! :-D
even with the bar over his face he looks handsome. and can i say, yet again, you have amazing hair.
SOOOO awesome... can't wait to have a son... Madi's all wrapped up w/ daddy :( I have to sit here waiting my turn. so.impatient.com
i so love that li'l man is so willing to get out there and dance! and i remember that first year you went. you were just so cute - both of you :)
Two things: You're so fricken cute and lil man must be proud of what a fricken HOT mama he has. =)
This is the sweetest post ever and it totally warmed my heart. What a lucky Mama.
I guarantee he will look back on this so fondly.
Awwwww :) That's so cute. I'm seriously aw'ing out loud at work. And look at you! What a cool-looking mom!
Mother son dance?! How cute is that? I love his stance in the twist photo, btw. You guys are so precious and you're very lucky to have each other.
Post a Comment