Wednesday

Getting back

Finally the fires seem to be at a point where homes are no longer in danger. At least in my area anyway. I'm still hoping the other affected areas are going to be out of danger soon. Thanks again for all your kind messages. Really. It was super nice to have the support and I appreciate it.

So today we are finally getting back to normal. The freeways are open so everybody at my house is back to work. Lil' Man's school is open so he's back in class. There is still an orange tint to the sky from the smoke and particles in the air, but we can see the sky and that is a nice change. It kind of gives off a sense of hope in a way. I know...probably too much cheese but oh well.

It's already Wednesday and I lived the first part of the week in a semi-funk. I think I'm shaking it off though. I'm almost all caught up on blog reading and commenting and I finally got my e-mails done. My head is almost back at work and I'm focusing on my future again. I'm slowly but surely getting back into the groove...

7 comments:

Nanette said...

I'm so glad to hear that everything is better in your neck of the woods!

dapotato said...

back in the groove is good. glad things are settling down a bit for you. :)

wan said...

so glad the fires are finally contained in your hood and that you're safe!

amber said...

good to hear you guys are getting back on track. but seriously, don't beat yourself up too much if it takes a few days to feel normal again. i can't imagine how stressful this week has been for you guys.

Winnie said...

Glad to hear that things are starting to get back to normal :)

Julie Q said...

Glad to hear its getting back to semi-normal!!

alyssa said...

I've been a slacker of a blogger...I'm so glad to hear that everything is safe with ya'll! I can't imagine how scray last week must have been!