Remind me again why I'm taking all these stupid classes. Please. Sitting here with about 5 and a half hours of sleep and wondering how/when I'm going to finish my 2 hours of Dance Appreciation homework before 11:00 p.m. tonight makes it hard for me to remember. When I think about the 12 written exercises and 6 oral activities (not that kind dirty bird) I need to complete for Spanish it's hard to place the original motivation for signing up. I'm home from the gym, but all I want to do is sleep right now. Don't want to go to work, don't want to read about modern dance choreographers or watch their video clips, don't want review tax limitations for moving expenses or Health Savings Accounts--just stay home and sleep. I've got numbers, vocabulario, gramatica, tax exemptions, choreographer's names and famous dance pieces, forms 3390, 8889, and 82-something, and a slew of other things floating around in my head right now.
So far I've got them all sorted out and in the right place, but give me a couple nights of reduced sleep time and I may be asking Que hora es? during my next role play tax interview. Which would be OK if the client was Spanish speaking, but I'd be hard pressed to figure out what comes next. Unless of course the client wanted to talk about what they or their friends like to do los fines de semanas (on the weekends). I'd be cool with that.
I'd much rather be focused on the fun stuff going on in my life right now. Like wedding stuff, parties, friends, and family stuff. Let's not forget Halloween. That's a fun holiday and it's only a couple of weeks away. I'm supposed to go to a Halloween party and still have no idea what costumes Hubbs and I will wear. I also need to get Lil' Man's treat bags figured out. He's already said he doesn't want me to bake cookies for the bags. I was kind of bummed because I'd love to make sugar cookie pumkins and coat them in orange sugar crystals. Oh well, it's probably better for me because sorting out candy and spider rings into bags will be much less time consuming. I'm good. I can do this. Only 17 more tax classes to go. I can break up the Spanish exercises over the next 4 days and get it all done. They should be done pretty quickly that way. Hopefully. Dance...well, I'll just have to plug away at that tonight before House then pick it up again afterwards. (yes, TV has some little priority too) It'll get done. I've got a perfect score right now. Can't throw that away. It'll all get done and I'll manage to find some time to sleep. It's only temporary and I can definitely do this. There are other people out there in the world facing much worse. I'm not going to complain and I'm going to keep hanging on till it's done. It's going to take more than a few hours of missed sleep to knock me off the branch.

7 comments:
You are doing this because you are a rock star! ;) Hang in there, and I hope you get some rest soon!
1. You are hilarious with your illustrations.
2. I especially love those frogs.
3. Sounds like you're hanging in there! Keep up the good work!
Wow...you really are incredible! I agree with Nanette - love the pics you selected to showcase your feelings! hang in there...keep counting how many classes are left and before you know it, they'll be over! At least you are scheduling time for TV...you're priorities are still aligned :)
You need to master the super secret language, that's why! ;)
wow, that's a rather full pea[&bee] brain. i keed on the pea brain part. there is an end in sight...keep on!
R, you've got a lot going on and i'm so impressed that you're taking these classes. Hang in there.
!puedes hacerlo!
I emailed my mom about the champagne punch and this is what she said:
It is champagne, Riesling wine and sugar. I got the recipe from the New York Times cookbook so I will look it up on-line for the actual measurements. I obviously did not measure the other night!!! Just poured it in...
Post a Comment