This was not my first venture in to the Land of Flats. I've been eyeballin' folks' flats for quite some time. I always see cute ones that my friends wear and randoms on the street and think to myself "I would love to find some cute flats like that for myself". Then I go try some on and cute is not what
immediately comes to mind. More like-- Who ordered the skis? Nice job Pocahontas...with those moccasins you'll be all the rage at the next Teepee party. Holy hell what were you thinking? Oh those are great R, and when you're ready to stop being seen in public with other people be sure and ask the girl to ring them up. And those are the opposite of cute/stylish/fun and look like crap on you R-I'm sure that's exactly the look you were going for. Yes, it's fun in my head sometimes.
Well, I decided to narrow down the requirements to 1) comfortable 2) black and 3)can blend in at a nice setting with a pair of black slacks or can be worn with jeans. Notice heart stoppingly cute was not in the list. I'm usually a heels type of girl and wear between 2-3 inch shoes or boots. I know I'm sort of tall but the cutest shoes always seem to come in heels. I think I did alright this time around though. They meet all my requirements and I plan to test out the black ones today at work. I decided to pick up a brown pair as well because they were just that comfortable and I didn't want to be back out on the hunt when an occassion called for brown shoes.These are the shoes in brown. My foot is at a weird angle-that's not the shoe doing that.
And now in black on me. Please disregard the sock line imprint and the scary veins. Apparently my skin is tissue paper thin and I'd make a good medical model.
And on the way out, I saw these. It took me a total of 3 minutes to try them on, decide on a size, and buy them. I've looked at them several times at different stores and always wanted them. I noticed they were on sale so I scooped them up too.
I promise I'm not a shoe whore. I almost never buy anything for myself and Hubbs has twice as many shoes as I do. Maybe 3 times. Anyway, it was a big shoe day for me...and I'm still eyeing one more pair that I think would be great for that wedding next April. I need to show some restraint though so they'll probably stay at the store.

9 comments:
you crack me up! I think those will work ;)
Cute! All of 'em!
Cute shoes :)
Those are cute :) I like how you started out wanting some flats, and still managed to leave the store with heels as well...
So much for flats! Ha!
i LOVE the flats -- uber cute! and the heels are really adorable too. it's good to treat yourself now and then :)
hey, are those flats by jessica simpson? I HAVE THOSE IN RED!!
I'm mot a big fam of flats either, I feel like my feet are paws im them. But they are so comfy amd the omes you bought are cute!
love the flats. I feel even shorter when I wear flats. I wish I had some of your height.
Post a Comment