Sunday

Sumptuous Summary

It's been a nice long weekend with lots of good stuff. I won't detail every single thing because that would make this post a mini series. I'll sum it all up for you and add pictures to illustrate.

  • I went to the interview on Wednesday. It was a non-interview and I was not able to "wow" them like I wanted. I basically heard about the pay schedule, gave them the hours I was available to work, and they told me they'd call me next week with my orientation date.

  • Thursday was awesome. I didn't have to cook and I ate like a pig. I also had a few drinks and got tipsy. I haven't done that in a looooong time.



  • Friday I woke up still full from Thanksgiving and spent most of the day at a friend's house while Hubbs worked. I helped her finish a scrapbook for a mutual friend so she could give it to her on Saturday. Later that night I received a text from this mutual friend asking me to be the photographer at her baby shower the next day and show up early to set up and decorate. Yikes. The pressure.

  • Saturday I went to the longest baby shower I have ever attended in my life. I arrived around 12:30 to help set up, it started at 2, and I left at 7. It was still going. There were approximately 80-100 people in attendance and the mom to be wanted to play 9 games. They weren't able to get to all of them. I was the "photographer" for them and I can tell you I hold an even greater respect for the profession after that.

  • Saturday night I went out to a club with some friends. (Yes, I said a club. Please refer to the title of this blog.) We went to Republic for some food and then walked over to Area. I had Mac N Cheese at Republic plus sampled the mashed potatoes, kobe burger, truffle scented fries, and a mango mojito. I recommend all of them except the mojito. I danced, drank, and had a great time that night.

  • Sunday I spent most of the day working on projects for Christmas. I should have spent it cleaning and getting the house ready for the in-laws' visit in two weeks. Doing homework would have been smart too. But I didn't. I sat at the computer and simultaneously watched football.
Wow, this post still wound up being a little long. Sorry 'bout that. Anyway, I took full advantage of my time off. It was nice, but now it's over. Time to go back to work. Boo. At least I have Christmas to look forward to.

5 comments:

Jen said...

Sounds like a great weekend! That's great you got to go out and have fun!

amber said...

you really did pack a lot into the long weekend -- nice! :D

Nanette said...

Lovely recap! Sounds like a great vacation! :)

Winnie said...

Yum, I like Republic. Being the photog, at least you didn't have to play the nine baby shower games :)

wan said...

what a fun weekend! talk about making the most out of your time off :)

my word verification for this comment is "hugusd". this makes me laugh. and cuddle my cash.