Last night I had dinner with my pal, the Monkey. I was very much looking forward to the break from my regular routine and was surprised that I was even available to join her. The universe must have known I needed it and cleared my schedule for me. Thanks universe. I owe you one. :)
I met the Monkey after work and we headed inside the CC for a little one on one and some good grub. When we arrived the attendants greeted her and said, "Hi there. You're back! Second time this week. Nice to see you." At first I wondered why they were so nice and accommodating, but then I saw this sign on the wall.
I met the Monkey after work and we headed inside the CC for a little one on one and some good grub. When we arrived the attendants greeted her and said, "Hi there. You're back! Second time this week. Nice to see you." At first I wondered why they were so nice and accommodating, but then I saw this sign on the wall.
Ha! That's why! ;) Obviously kidding of course. They did recognize her, but there was no sign. It was just too perfect not to use it.After trying to find a spot at the bar with no luck, we were ushered into the dining room. What followed was a deluge of deliciousness. I informed the waiter that I'd had a long month and would like an adult frosty beverage. I let him decide what it would be (feeling adventurous I guess) and after a brief quiz for my mood and particular likes, he came back with this.
To start our meal we had sweet potato pot stickers and grilled shrimp appetizers. The pot stickers really were a nice blend of East meets West as the Monkey had previously commented, and the shrimps were just damned good. Next came a fancy salad for me and Mexican soup for the Monkey. My salad was good, but I was too busy talking and eating to even ask about the soup.
Our main course came out once our plates were cleared and I gazed upon the largest piece of steak I have seen in a long time-Prime Rib regular cut. Sadly I did not take pictures of this magnificent slice of beef (dying camera battery), but I can tell you that it was juicy and very well prepared. I can almost still taste it melting in my mouth. Mmmm... I got to taste Monkey's fillet of sole and it was good too.I followed the Monkey's lead and left some room for dessert so we packed up our respective meals and decided what would end our already lovely dining experience. Raspberry cheesecake for Monkey and ice cream sundae for me. There is something about dessert that can make anyone happy. My sundae even came with colored sprinkles on it. Party, party! ;)
Looks good right? Well it was. I'm not even going to lie and play it down so no one is jealous. It was good dammit. :)
The food was great, but the company was better. We spent about 4 hours at dinner talking and sharing stories. It's amazing how much that did to lift my spirits. It really had been a long month. Sharing time with your friends tends to make everything seem better for some reason. Our conversation was all over the place. There was some tearing but a lot more laughter and it was all around perfect. Thanks for dinner my Monkey friend!
Hope that wasn't too long for you. I'm going to bullet point my other stuff now.
- Overly emotional friend came to her senses and has since left me two e-mails and a voice mail message apologizing for being crazy. My words, not hers. ;)
- My washing machine is still not fixed.
- The toilet is.
- The in-laws are coming next weekend and I am not ready.
- Still haven't heard from the job about orientation. Maybe I didn't get the job?
9 comments:
awww, you guys are cute. love the monkey in the background of your pics.
job weirdness...ew.
yay for a break.
this post made me hungry.
looks like a mai tai, but those are usually garnished w/ an orange or pineapple.
I love that welcome logo! Ahhh!
Thanks so much for coming to dinner. I had the best time, and I'm so glad to have a friend like you. :)
So glad you have friends like the Monkey to clear your head!
(Phew, now I'm caught up on your blogging - it had been a while).
I love how the welcome sign even has the word "monkey" in orange :)
sounds like you ladies had a wonderful time --- i'm glad you got the break that you needed (and more than deserved!)
I'm glad that the two of you both have friends like each other. You two deserve it.
Ummm, oh yeah, it looks like a mai tai, but a little tricky!
what a fun dinner! and after your last post, it sounds like the timing couldn't be better. :)
Post a Comment