The Keeper has spawned. On Saturday "the babies" arrived and the Hubbs' parents were all a-buzz. We received a few phone calls from them throughout the day updating us on the labor, the birth, their names, and the particulars of their weight. It's cute that they think we care.In-Laws picked up EARLY on Saturday morning from NC and drove to PA so they could be there for the birth of their grand daughters. (I believe it's an eight hour car drive each way, but I'm not 100% sure). They spent all day in the hospital and drove all the way home on Sunday morning. They were dead tired, but I'm sure they were gleaming on the inside. They had put off making any plans for Thanksgiving and were basically waiting by the phone for The Call. They were excited.
They tell us that The Keeper and Bro are going to stay in the hospital until Wednesday and then head home. The Babies are healthy, The Keeper had a C-section, and all is well. I wonder if The Keeper even appreciates that they did all of that for them. I'll probably never know although I suspect not because the original plan was for MIL to stay with them for a while to help out. Mysteriously they were heading back to town yesterday. Who knows for sure, right? But I have my suspicions.
*note: The picture shown is not an actual picture of The Babies. I don't know if we'll get to see any of those.
So what's next? Who knows. I made sure to send a nice blanket for each of them and had their names embroidered on the corner. $80 dudes. At least the shipping was free. *shrugging shoulders* And it gets really cold where they live so they will probably actually have to use them instead of throw them away. Does it matter? Probably not. At least not to her.

Life goes on for us. What choice do we have? And now we wait to see if things will improve or if they will be more of the same. In the words of Kelly Clarkson, "I would never wish bad things, but I don't wish you well." I don't wish evil on anyone unless they mess with my kid, but I find it extremely difficult to really be excited about my little niece-in-laws' arrival. I haven't really been allowed to share in anything leading up to now, and I don't think I'm allowed to really be excited. I do wish those babies well though. Those innocent, poorly named babies never did anything to anyone and I hope we get to have a relationship with them.
9 comments:
what the heck rhymes with the words leave and heffa? I was cracking up when I read that!! You should've told me about the babies, I would've grabbed you some gifts at the shower I just went to..
I want to know the names, damn it.
[shaking fist]
Congrats to the bro!! Am trying to think of names that rhyme with heffa... :)
Skeeve and Treffa? Heh, heh...
i really hope you get a chance to know them one day... at least for the girls sake. you and your family are normal, something that the girls should be exposed to.
and i totally want to know their names 'cuz i'm nosey like that!
also trying to figure out names that rhyme. . . and thank you for quoting kelly clarkson.i know i've got a fellow fan out there now! ;)
Ok, I'm dying to know the names of those poorly-named babies.
yay for heave and steffa!
okay, that was bad.
I want to know the names too! I also want to know the family drama. Have you already blogged about that? I need to catch up on that blog entry...
Post a Comment